The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: John Zander Rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cascade88
View Profile
Regular user
Sam 104
109 Posts

Profile of Cascade88
I am thinking about getting this along with his school assembly DVD. How does this routine go about? Is it a professors nightmare?
Could some one fill me in.
"Once is magic Twice is education."
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
Hi,
I bought John Zander's Loose Ends DVD last month, and was not disappointed. No, it is nowhere near a professors nightmare. What the audience sees is one rope where the middle (in one hand)and the ends (in the other) keep changing places as well as a couple of other wierd changes. This is a good but simple comedy rope routine that will play for maybe five minutes or so. It is not knee slapping humor, but it is funny. It does take a bit of practice to master, but all in all I think it's worth it. I have not had a chance to use it in my show yet, but I can see it would work well in conjuction with other rope effects, or as an M.C. bit.
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
You can add your own humor lines to each phase..... it's a staple of mine in restaurant magic...especially for know-it all boys between 11 and 14!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Last I checked Zander had the dvd on sale at his site for a great price.
Steve V
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
John Zander's "Loose Ends" is a GREAT routine and it leaves you clean at the finish. Well worth the practice required to learn it.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Try it!
phil in KC
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of phil in KC
I just placed my order, while he still has it (or still has it on sale). I ordered his school assembly DVD as well -- it's on sale too, and the price was too good to pass up. Thanks to Steve V for letting us know about the sale!

-Phil in KC
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
No problem. Zander is a talented guy who really works in a tough market so he has to know his stuff. I learned a lot about performing for kids from his school dvd.
Steve V
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Loose Ends has been one of my walk-around signature pieces for nearly two years now. Absolutely kills...and people who have seen it before always elbow the guy next to them and whisper, "Watch this! You're not gonna believe it!"

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Middle and ends change places - Fiber Optics has these elements. Is this different?
Jolyon Jenkins
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
If it's by John, you KNOW it's gonna be good...his stuff is always 'commercial' (see secret sessions for what I mean by this) Smile

I'm looking forward to this one.
Logic Defied
magiczak
View Profile
Regular user
Granada Hills, CA
159 Posts

Profile of magiczak
The material is different. I prefer Fiber Optics, as there are more moves that are more visually interesting and technically cleaner. Presentation-wise, they are about the same.
**Zak**