The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Ring and Rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I would be interested to learn a good ring and rope routine.
Which one would you guys suggest?

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I like the one from Mark Leveridge, on one of his videos. Has three parts, and the ending is good.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Get everything you can on it, and adapt one from there. It is hard to come up with a good one. I am still working on it as well.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
One of the Café members from the Philippines, Ronnie Moraleta, has a good ring and rope routine. I saw it, and it was good. I don't know what version he is using, but it's a good ring and rope routine.
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Aldo Colombini's Ringing Around 2 and Still Ringing are really good, and not too hard to learn.
I use Ringing Around 2, and always get a good response. Get ready to practice the ending effect until you have is down, but it's worth it.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't forget Phil Wilmarth. I still think of him as the "ring and rope" man.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Quick, snazzy, with a 5 inch ring...David Williamson.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
882 Posts

Profile of e-man
Eric Decamps' Stars of Magic DVD
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Jondalawyer
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jondalawyer
Scott Guinn's routine is terrific, and his credits get you to some more great stuff.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Daryl's version, on his Fooler Dooler video set, is really good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Aldo does have a good, simple, and effective routine, as mentioned in a prior post... It is the routine I have used for a long time. Dan Fleshman also has a great routine that is more involved in handling, but very entertaining to watch.

Dan's routine is also a small portion of a larger rope routine altogether.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
As Jim Wilder knows, Dan Fleshman lectured for us a few months back, and the Ring & Rope was one of the highlights. He also taught a very good Ring & String routine, tied in with a Ring Flight, that several of us have adapted. Also, his final Cups & Balls loads were worth the cost of the lecture; very visual.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Ditto that for the Dan Fleshman routine. Very entertaining and worth a look. After seeing his lecture and routine of it, I too was impressed.
sbroomheadsr
View Profile
New user
Retired, so I only have
59 Posts

Profile of sbroomheadsr
If you have the cash, Daryl has a 3 DVD rope set. IMHO, it is very good. I agree with 61magic about Aldo Colombini's Ringing Around 2 and Still Ringing. Can't go wrong with either.
S Broomhead
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
OK guys,
I'm going to buy an Aldo Columbini ring and rope routine. Should I buy Ring Around 2 or Still ringing? I sent an email to Aldo, and he said they are both different.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Aldo's "Ringing Around Too" uses two rings, and "Still Ringing" uses one ring. I like his "Still Ringing" routine. It's a good, solid routine. Personally, I used many of the moves from Aldo and from many other sources, including Phil Wilmarth, to create my own routine, and that's always the best way to go. Make it your own!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Magicgrandpa,
Welcome to the magic Café, and thanks for the good advise.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Forgive an old Grandpa. It's been quite awhile since I put my ring and rope routine together. "Ringing Around" was Aldo's routine using two rings. "Ringing Around Too" is the routine I was referring to as "Still Ringing" and uses only one ring. "Ringing Around Too" was my personal favorite.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
In my humble opinion, I would suggest Willi Wessel's Close-Up Ring and Rope Routine. There is a booklet and a video with Joachim Solberg. The original routine ends with a C&R sequence, but the video teaches an alternate ending that I really like (leaves the rope intact for walk-around). My own Ring & Rope has most of it's elements from this routine.

Josef K
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
All great suggestions! If I may add one other suggestion to further confound things: Flip's Ring on Rope routine, on his "Flip's Truly Magical Rope Magic" DVD, is also good.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."