The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Best rope tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Ben Simon
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Ben Simon
I also think that Tabary's FISM winning rope act is the best. I use to perform the routine on a dark stage with only black lights being switched on... so the rope looks really mysterious somehow.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Where can the Slydini routine be found?
Sounds very good!

I vote for the classic...My favorite rope trick / aka Professor's Nightmare.

Smile
Daniel Faith
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
TABARY will be featured at the Coming World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas...

I like my version of the Neff Miracle Rope, the Conway Rope trick and Harold Sterling's Short and Long. Smile

Got to run, The O'Reilly No Spin Zone is coming in two minutes to my TV...bye
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Aldo's tightrope and ungimmicked linking ropes rings.

Ring and Rope routines from Aldo and Eric DeCamps.

Dean's Box.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the "Cut and Restored" the best. But most people give me more of an applause for doing "Professor's Nightmare." I use the thick 1 inch ropes.

Abracadabra,

Dynamike
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I do the Tabary rope routine and always get a good response from the audience. I have done the rope routine for my local magic club and get the same response.
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
By far the best rope routine I have found for cut and restored is the one Mac King sells. It is extremely clever and involves a spectator from beginning to end. Hint: They become the hero at the end of the routine.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
OK,

You can accuse me of posting just to rack up posting points and be admitted into the secret rooms... but I can't believe that I went through 4 pages of "greatest rope routines" and never saw Mac King's REAL Rope routine listed. The one that he does in his show (and to the best of my knowledge has never tipped) is amazing. Granted, it's been a few years since I saw it and I may be embellishing a bit... but I saw it AFTER seeing Daryl's, Aldo's, Tabary's, etc... so I had those routines to compare it to... and I remember it just blowing me away.

Don't confuse this routine with the one he sells called "The other Rope Routine". They are NOT the same thing at all. Which is why the sold version is called the OTHER.

I may be wrong, but I think Mac treasures this trick because he's never performed it on any of the National TV shows he's done AND I've never seen it pop up on a video anywhere. All which makes me think that he wants you to be blown away by it (which I was) and remember it as being amazing... but not be able to watch it over and over again on tape until you figure it out and start doing it yourself (which I never would).

Does anyone know Mac out there? I'd love to know how he feels about this routine. Anyway, it gets my vote as the BEST. But you've got to go to Las Vegas to see it.

Daniel
dbull@austin.rr.com
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
I do the Professor's Nightmare, and that always gets a good response. I also do Harlan Tarbell's Famous Rope Mystery, and that always goes down brilliantly. I also find that my rigid rope goes down well. But the best, I think, is probably the PM.
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
I've been thinking of purchasing the Simplified Walking Knot. Any comments on this effect? Good / Bad? I have most of the popular rope effects and videos. Would like to hear from the rope experts out there!

Thanks!
Bill Smile
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I bought it and immediately returned it and upgraded to the Super Walking Knot. The Junior version only allows 3 locations for the magic to happen. I had hoped to use it for strolling but found that it would not work for me. I'm happy with the Super version.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
Thanks Bob!

Bill
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Quote:
On 2001-12-02 03:19, cataquet wrote:
The Mongolian Knots is hard to beat. And, for a non-gimmicked rope trick, it is definitely top of the heap.

However, I have a linking ropes routine which I think is great. It starts with three separate loops which link one at a time, then two single loops become one larger loop, then the spectator does the linking between the two remaining loops, and the routine finishes with the two remaining loops linking to form one large loop. It’s based on Tenyo’s "Hungarian Linking Ropes", but I could never make out their instructions, so I made my own routine up for the props.

Bye for now

I couldn't agree more. Haydn's is the first to actually give a reason for having three ropes of different size in the first place. I always felt weird just pulling out three unequal ropes... Whit solves this and the pop knots are supreme.

Also want to recommend Siberian Rope release from Karl Fulves's Self-working rope tricks. This book is a must, better than Abbotts and full of great stuff. If you need any rope magnets Rachel Wild of Wild Magic makes the best, strongest and smallest around. She's on the web as WildMagic.com.

Harold
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
MAC KING does have a great rope routine. His whole show is VERY ENTERTAINING, and shouldn't be missed if out in VEGAS. I think it's still priced under $20.00.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I just recently bought Bob Sheets's Hang 'Em High rope routine. It's a very practical Walking Through a Rope effect. I like it quite a bit. You can see a description here - http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I love Daryl's Jumping knot of Pakistan.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
1. Tabary's Rope Routine
2. Three Ropes And A Baby

Cheers,
Harv
Patrick McKeever
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Patrick McKeever
I think Steve Bedwell's cut and restored rope that he does on his video is brilliant. Does anybody know if he has tipped it? He doesn't explain it on the video.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Bedwell's routine is out in booklet form. It is a wonderful routine, and both very funny and very deceptive. It is called "In Over Your Head".
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Patrick, are you are talking about the bit where he simply takes a length of rope and cuts it cleanly in the center then tosses it up and it is instantly and visibly restored?

If so, it is an old bit that can be found in a couple of youth oriented magic books from the 40’s and 50’s and also in Danny Korem’s “Korem Without Limits” which you can still find on the shelves of some of the larger Magic dealers.

The routine that Whit is talking about is Bedwell’s brilliant version of cut and restored married to an “over the heads”! Both are killer. If that is the one you are looking for, then Whit is spot on.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!