The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Pete Biro's Linking Ring Book is out! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Just saw it in a catalog from Daytona.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
Yes, indeed it is! I just received my copy form Stevens Magic Emporium and am enjoying it greatly. Everyone with an interest in Rings should acquire a copy. Many thanks to Pete Biro for assembling this material!

Jim, your picture is featured prominently among the "Gallery of Notable Performers and Their Rings"!

Cheers!

Kit
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep, and it's been discussed here too:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
I am half way through reading it. It is great book! If you perform or are ever going to perform the Linking Rings its a MUST HAVE! I am not even finished reading it and I am working on a totally new and different linking ring routine. GET IT!!!!
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Kit,
Thanks for letting me know Pete used my picture. He asked people to send them pictures of rings. That was taken at a farmers market probably 5 years ago if he used the one I'm thinking of.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
How many pages?
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

242 pages
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Remarkable.
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
Can anyone recommend please, in addition to this book, another good book on rings?
Micky
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
407 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
One can't go wrong looking up Richard Ross' "The Ring Routine" book. It (in three languages) explains Ross' fabulous routine.

I also discovered this web page which is a wonderful bibliography of books and articles about the linking rings. It seems very complete. ( http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/maglinkr.htm )
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
"Rings In Your Fingers" BY Dariel Fitzkee is great one.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

I have a lot of books and dvd's on linking rings. I have been performing rings for 3 years but I think the best resource is Pete Biro book and Levent dvds.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Got Pete's book on Friday. Tremendous book. Excellent hardback, high quality. The book is full of info on history of the Rings (probably the best ever written) and excellent routines and moves. This book is worth twice his asking price.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This is great news!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Well said Fr. Photious - easily worth double the price!

Mr. Higginson beat me to the reference of Rings In Your Fingers by Dariel Fitzkee - it was one of my first few resources that I ever had for ring magic, and in its day it was the best resource available. Even today it is one of the best out there as far as books are concerned, and one of the most complete.

There are, of course, many other books, but they are by no means complete in the way the Fitzkee and Biro books are.

I too would recommend the Levent DVD set, The Ultimate Guide to the Linking Rings.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Pete,
Does the castle have a copy?

Jim
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
James I thought you were probably a member. You can search the library on the site http://www.magiccastle.com/members/libra......tension=

Bill is doing a great job at catalogue everything Usually, brand new books, are not on the shelve. Pete has however generously donated numerous lecture notes and such, in the past.
Pete I'm going to get one you directly so throw one in your trunk.