The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Paper change bags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
I have made change bags from brown paper lunch bags and they work well for some items. Has anyone made these from larger bags? How well did they work?

Mike
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No, I never made paper bag utility props. When I came into magic, they had the Tarbell Cone and Tommy Windsor's Pop Corn Box. Then I just had to get a P&L Change Bag with the handle made of brass.
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
I still plan on getting a regular change bag sometime. There are so many to choose from. I have been given notice that I'm being let go from work so cheaper alternatives are having to be explored.

Mike
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of silking
Paper bags work great. They do not look like a magic prop . I remember seeing a book at one time called Paper Bag Magic and you might want to look it up.

Silking
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I use one for a mismade flag.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I use one to do a number force for the Bewitched Bananna from Tarbell Vol 1. But I can see many other uses for one later as I learn to do more with a change bag. I myself thought to use a giant change bag. Yet so far cannot come up with a use for a big one. Don't work with them myself but if you are one to use giant cards I can see them being used with a giant paper change bag. But I did make a list of the possiblities with one. Vanishes, appearances, productions, transformations, transpositions, forces, restorations, and even switches.
Jeremy Gates
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
I am using a change bag made from a large paper bag, it works perfect. I have made it with three compartments, which improve its performance.
Micky