The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Orange Juicer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
truellusionist
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia PA
36 Posts

Profile of truellusionist
Hi everyone,
One day I was at a magic store and I was watching a video with the magician there. I don't remember what the video was called but I do remember how the effect went.

There was a magician on stage holding a square board with a circular hole cut out in the center. He also had an orange which he vanished/produced from the hole. At the end of the routine he put the orange back into the hole and then produced a glass filled with orange juice.

I was just wondering if anyone knows this effect and what video it's on? Smile
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quite possibly it was Jerry Andus' "Zone Zero." Check out this link.

http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
truellusionist
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia PA
36 Posts

Hey thanks Terry, Smile
That helps me out a lot! Now I know what the effect is called. I still would like to know what video I saw it on and if it was Jerry Andus (which I don't believe it is). I think it might be a video recording at a convention or lecture. I am haunted by this!! Smile
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
549 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Truellusionist; That trick was Zone Zero, but the orange juice finish was not. That was John Carney performing on the tape and his version of Zone Zero. When I first saw this many years ago, it blew me away. At a convention I mentioned to John Carney how much I liked that presentation and he thanked me for the comments and mentioned that he hoped it would not be duplicated by magicians everywhere. As badly as I wanted to add that trick to my work, I respectfully declined to perform it as it was then and still is Mr. Carney's baby. It shows how some thought and work can make a miracle out of an already great trick.
All the Best
Marty
truellusionist
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia PA
36 Posts

Thanks Marty. Now I am no longer haunted by the Images of a guy and his orange juice. Smile Now I know the effect is Zone Zero, by Jerry Andus, Performed by John Carney. Thanks for the info guys. Smile

O'keito
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Just for the record, I noticed I made a "typo" on Jerry's last name. It should be Andrus, not Andus.

I'm mentioning it here rather than editing my post, since the incorrect name has been carried on.

Sorry for this mistake!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
A friend of mine contacted John Carney re: the glass of juice and asked for permission to use it. John asked him not to and out of respect, (as I hope many others do for other effects also) it was not used.

Just my thoughts,

J.