The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Help with a routine...ideas more than welcome! (multiplying bottles) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Ok, so heres the deal. I am working on a multiplying bottles routine into an Airborne glass routine and I have several questions that hopefully you guys can help me with.

BTW, here are the bottles I am using (Mak Magic):
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/multiplyin......468.html

Ok so here's the questions:

1.- Is there a real liquor bottle that is identical (size and shape) to the bottles I am using.

2.- If there is not, is there a site or company that makes and actually bottle that can hold liquid, identical to the bottles I am using for the trick.

3.- Is there a company that will make a custom "Airborne Glass" bottle to match the set I have.

4- If the answer to all the above questions are looking bleak, can anyone link the expensive ($300-$400) sets that match a real type of alchohol?

I really need to be able to pour from one of the bottles, even if I don't incorperate the whole airborne glass thing into the routine.

I know this effect is an awesome closer, I think think ending the trick with pouring a drink (while getting an applause), and then removing your hand from the glass and allowing it to float while bowing would be jaw dropping.

Sadly I am having a hard time getting this vision to come to reality....need your help guys.

As always, Thanks!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
First, I doubt if you are going to find any bottles that look like real liquor bottles. Liquor today comes in so many different shape of bottles. The old style liquor bottles are what most magic bottles are made like.
I would repaint the bottles and add labels and that would work ok for your needs I think. Remember you want this to play from a distance not up close. They should glance at the bottle and see the brand.

Secondly, I am not familar with the MAK Bottles. Most Passe Passe bottle sets hold liquid. I think the old Abbott's Multiphying Sets did also. But I would have to dig mine out to be sure.

The airborne glass you should be able to make yourself once you know the secret hookup. Buy some plastic glasses that fit your bottle set and make it up.

Why not consider do it with soda pop instead of liquor? You cannot possibly offend anyone by using the liquor. Now at the end produce a 7-UP bottle. Ask if they know why it is called 7-up. Because after 7 drinks of this stuff, it goes up on it's own. Of course, by then it is time to get up and go someplace else.

Just a thought.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
I've been working on a multiplying bottle routine lately also. What I found is that if you have a real bottle anywhere nearby the gimmicked ones look really phony. I wanted to use a Nielsen bottle and had the same problem.

I think you can make an insert to hold enough liquid for an airborne effect and aren't there airborne effect gimmicks that fit in bottle necks?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The last time I seen the bottles you linked to you could pour liquid from them. Just buy any of the airborne gimmicks and use that with the bottles.

Yes these similar bottles are available at any good liquor store with similar labels. Just put some yellow plastic tape on the neck as for the matching effect.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Check the photobin listed in my Update-Sick magician under tricks for sale. There are two items there that might be opf interest -- 1. a set of similar bottles with 2 liquid and liquid drop capable (to fill glass) whre one could do a drop -- the other converted to Airborne and poured to cover.

2. The No Pour matching Martini Bottle - -- this is a matching style bottle with a neck that pivots when you go to pour (which you can do, if you wish) so the neck goes about 90 degrees (straight up) from the tilting bottle unless you want it to pour.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is the link to the current bottles that look more like real bottles. http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......32lpl446

I do not know if they pour or not, my set in my avatar does not pour, they are the original Ken Brooke Multiplying Bottles set, I am holding the Supreme Magic (India make) Tipsy bottle Chmara referenced in his post.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I might add that JNeal customized his bottles and they look the best of any I have seen. I also found on line that Terry Elton has labels for sale. Here is the link http://www.themagicofterryelton.com/new_page_1.htm

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thanks for the kind words Richard!
Indeed the labels are from genuine liquor bottles and the choice of labels was very specific to maximize the effect. Also all bottles are numerically coded so that the exact same bottle is used in the exact same position on every single show.

Leave nothing to chance, heck, I'd even re-seat the audience if I thought I could get away with it!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Easy to re-seat an audience. Just have reserved seating.

BTW folks next to my rouine Smile JNeal's is the BEST. If he's ever performing on the same continent as you reside, no matter what it takes... GO SEE HIM.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Why thank you Pete ...for such a fine compliment!

Taking a classic and finding a way to make it your own is imperative at the professional level.
When I undertook this effect I knew I had a lot work cut out for me.
You had already established a wonderful presentation that was inspiring...and I didn't want to be obviously derivative.
Regards-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
If you want to see me BOTCH the Ken Brooke routine... got to http://www.petebiro.com
Check the Video clip.

This was in 1980 - the Band blew all the cues and in the opening bit the fire went off prematurely burning the back of my hand. With the pain, the bad underflooring (holes in floor under the vinyl sheeting) and the musicians screwing up... I got lost in the routine and finished all mixed up. But it didn't seem to hurt the audience reaction.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 8:36pm
I forgot to mention. In the clip the sound is off, like those old Japanese movies with English dubbed in... the lips move and a second or two later the sound is heard.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Godzilla....
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Quote:
On 2010-01-05 16:48, Pete Biro wrote:
If you want to see me BOTCH the Ken Brooke routine... got to http://www.petebiro.com
Check the Video clip.

This was in 1980 - the Band blew all the cues and in the opening bit the fire went off prematurely burning the back of my hand. With the pain, the bad underflooring (holes in floor under the vinyl sheeting) and the musicians screwing up... I got lost in the routine and finished all mixed up. But it didn't seem to hurt the audience reaction.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 8:36pm
I forgot to mention. In the clip the sound is off, like those old Japanese movies with English dubbed in... the lips move and a second or two later the sound is heard.

I actually rather enjoyed that clip. It's nice how you flashed both glasses, made a quick calm recovery and no one noticed and it didn't hurt the performance at all. Bravo!