The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Looking for a Moxaholla... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
361 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings one & all...

I've been looking for a Moxaholla effect for some time now. This effect was a U.F. Grant/MAK item. They are no longer being made by the MAK folks... now my little magic rabbit tells me that there is at least one of you out there who has one of these effects collecting dust... so let me know how much you'd like me to pay you to take it off your hands. Thanks... continued success!

Best Regards...Doc Dazzal
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1699 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Be careful what you wish for. Smile

I had one ... sold it.

Didn't impress me at all.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I do not have one, almost bought one years ago, but I have a couple suggestions.

First, if you are searching on the web, which did not work for me today either, my old Tannen catalogue spells it this way—MOXAHALLA so be sure to get it in the search engine right.

Second, there is a man who collects all Grant's props; I sold him an old Grant potato box once. He has been running an ad to that effect in MUM for at least ten years. He bought my potato box but had a few others. If that is the case with Moxahalla he might sell you an extra, or one he has a duplicate of. At the least, he knows where the stuff is.

Write to:
Glen W. Hawthorne,
235 E Pleasant St,
Amherst, MA 01002.

With this info you may be able to get a phone number on the Internet. He is a nice guy to deal with.

Third, set EBay so, if one comes available, it will email you. This is the kind of thing that would show up on there. If you put the word in, then "save" the search it will inform you if one comes available ... which it will, given some time.

You might also try some of the magic auction sites. I know Chazpro has one and you can find others on the net.

Hope this helps.
quack
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Ok, I have to say that unless you are a collector and you absolutely want to have the original Grant/Mak props then why not just read the description of the effect and then comb through the Tarbell course or similar books and come up with your own method? (I'll bet it will be darn close to the original if not exactly the same thing.)

Remind us all of the exact effect... I vaguely recall milk to rice to silks to final production of a glass of milk?