The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Multim in Parvo Outdone - Where to Find? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicIllusion
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MagicIllusion
Does anyone know where I can find a high quality version of this routine, in which the largest container is a pitcher with which you then fill the other glasses.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Please feel free to PM me or contact me at magicseller1@netscape.net
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Multum in parvo is a classic liquid effect, but one that seems to often go off the market, then someone may make it up again...then it vanishes. I made my own set in the mid 1980's when NO ONE sold ANY version of the trick. I used plastic tumblers and clear plastic inserts....still use it regularly. If you want the outdone version, with the pitcher, I have not seen that for some time. Frankly, in my view, I have seen this done before and the best version is the simple way Harry Blackstone Sr did it in his show. He showed a full glass of milk...it was more than he wanted. He kept pouring it down to the next smaller glass. when it was in the tiny shot glass, he smiled and drank it. The versions with the pitcher, in my view, are overly complicated and tend to expose the secret.
quack
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Actually, Steven's Magic Emporium in Wichita, Kansas sells the effect. It is a beautiful set that works well. The only thing you should note is that the pitcher is NOT included. (Steven's will sell you a matching pitcher for the right bucks.) You get five glasses.

The effect follows: You show five glasses each one a different size. You take a pitcher of liquid and fill the smallest glass. You then pour the entire contents into the larger glass and you continue this until you pour the entire contents into the largest glass. You then proceed to take the largest glass and fill each of the smaller glasses.

It's a neat effect, but messy and a pain to set up and transport. Too much work for most situations, but to each his own!! Smile

Steven
Coram Deo
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I do a milk act quite often, that includes a milk pitcher, milk in lamp and milk to silk. So, being used to this, multum in parvo is pretty minor in the mess category.

I just take the glasses individually and dry. I take a tiny container of milk...it only takes the amount to fill a shot glass with my set. After it is done, I pour the milk outside, in the restroom or whatever, put the glasses in a plastic sack, tie the top and bail out. If I had two shows on a day, I would probably only do it in one, however, as the reset would include a bit of clean up and drying the glasses...to get telltale milk residue off the inserts.
quack