The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Wedding Shower Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Hey, I recently booked a wedding shower, and the client asked me if I could include the bride and groom to be, in the show.

Does anyone have any good ideas on routines I can do with both of them up?

Himber ring comes to mind, but I do not think they will have their rings yet, and linking rings come to mind, but I open my show with that.

So any help anyone can give is great!

Sam Pearce
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Kevin James floating rose..champagne bottle production..The best for close up that I use at wedding receptions for the bride and groom is Loren Christopher Michaels STRAIGHT FOR THE HEART very very visual and leaves them with a gift.It is the effect that gets many rebookings.The other woman really enjoy it.Cordially,Howard
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Do 20th Century silk. Mark the center silk and the vanished silk "The Future" with a Sharpie pen. Patter: "The Future gets away from us (vanishes) but we find that now, that's between the two of you. Congratulations!"

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3706 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I do a card in balloon. Groom picks the card, bride holds the balloon some 15' away. Card ends up vanished, bride pops balloon .....
Groom takes card on honeymoon and spends hours trying to figure out how it got in the balloon, bride gets pi**ed because she's being ignored ..... now that I think of it, maybe I shouldn't do this at bridal showers or receptions!

Jim
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I would have to say either a floating rose effect or floating table effect...

comedy you could do a do as I do routine with tricky bottles... or crayons or w./e

or what about interlace? making BOTH there ingagment rings dissappear and appar on ur shoelace
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
I use the Anniversary Card Magic Routine. Bride selects a card, signs it, Groom selects another card and signs it, and after a series of the cards landing next to each other in the deck, the final phase is you put them both together (the cards) and have the bride hold the cards palm out, and the groom places his hand on top of the cards (which is on her hand so they lookas if they are holding hands) and then a "magical wave" and he lifts his hand and the card has "melted together" and they are left with one card that is 2 faces with their signatures on them (which were the 2 signed cards that they seperately chose.

Works great. I still run into people that I have performed that for that say they still have that card. I think the trick is on one of Michael Ammars series.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Do a fast and loose routine. Bride-to-be (B2B) always wins; groom-to-be (G2B) always loses. Finally sell it as a test of compatability where G2B manages to "catch" B2B's finger (or vice versa, but I think it may be better for the G2B to "win" the B2B, and not for the B2B to have "trapped" the G2B.
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
I have used FUSE and made a large heart shape on gift tissue paper, then the bride and groom touch the tissue with the burning incense, the HEART shape slowly formed, can be dramatic and romatic
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Daryl's Ring, Rope and Wand is great. Anniversary Waltz as mentioned is great (better for close-up in my opinion). What also might be fun is a routine where she appears to be able to read his mind (ie you feed her the card, word, whatever, unbenownst to him)-I don't have a routine, just brainstorming. Any signed card or bill routine would work; have them both sign the item-they will keep it forever (card or bill to lemon is what I am thinking about).