The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Tarbell egg Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Guys, I need your help urgently. I'm looking for an egg bag but on a tight budget, & I saw a Tarbell egg Bag costing only $10.00 bucks. Anyone could post a review of Tarbell egg Bag please? Is there anyway it is inferior to the Malini egg Bag or Senor Mardo egg Bag? Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks
never try, never know
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just bought a Malini Egg Bag. I heard they are better. I got it for $24.00 at a magic shop in person. If you search on the internet I bet you can get it for less. There is also a video tape titled, "Egg Bag Video," by The Greater Magic Video Library. The authors are Tom Mullica, Billy McComb, Charlie Miller and Martin Lewis. The tape is $19.95.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I wouldn't recommend the $10.00 egg bag. It's probably from India -- the quality tends to be bad. When it comes to egg bags, you need a well designed and well crafted bag.

The best Tarbell bag is probably made by Pauline Tong; see dazzlingmagic.com for details. The Ickle Pickle Tarbell Egg Bag is okay, but it doesn't fit the hand as well as a Mardo Egg Bag. The Mardo, which is similar to a Tarbell, is easier to handle than a Malini Egg Bag, as well as contrasting with a wide variety of backgrounds. The Malini is hard to see against a dark background and takes a huge amount of effort to have ready for performing. I was able to have the Mardo bag performance ready in two weeks!

Get the tape on Stevens tape on the Egg Bag. It is more than worth the money. When it comes to the egg bag, cheap is not the way to go.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I second Alan on the advice to get the Egg Bag video by Stevens.

There is a lot of useful and inspiring information in that tape for just $20.00 Well worth it!
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
You could sew your own. My dad made/built all his magic. Sometimes your own is your best. That is why the best magicians out there build their own or have it specially built. Smile
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
See my review of the Tarbell Egg Bag made by Pauline Tong. It's the bag that I'll be using from now on.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
A second on the India bag. It looks much better than my Malini, but it cost an hour with a needle and thread to make it work right. The cheap thread and bad stitches caused it to unravel the first day and the first practice session. Bad choice on my part, although it is very attracive and magical looking. (Now that I am a seamstress) Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quality is always worth the price. The Tong/Tarbell bag should last for many years. The workmanship is great!

I've sworn-off all stuff from Electro-Fun. The stuff that I've bought of theirs, I've replaced with something else or sold to someone who doesn't care about the quality of their props. EF doesn't seem to understand how props are used in a performance.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Lynetta Welch makes the best Malini bag around. It is the one used by Lance Burton and Johnny Thompson. Her's goes for $80.00, so it is very pricey. You get what you pay for. If you use it eighty times, it is only $1.00 a show. The right bag will last much, much longer, and will work much better.