The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Magic Tea Kettle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Not really sure if this is the place to post this but I am looking for someone that uses the magic tea kettle in their act or has used it. I purchased a large case of used magic and the tea kettle was in it. It looks very intresting and I have read some info on the web about it but have a few questions. If you can help let me know. I need to find a good routine for it as well as I want to know if it is complete. PM me for more info or post in here. Thank you for all your help.

Thanks
Steven
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
PM Me Please - Started with this about 60 yrs ago----
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Steven,

If you can ever catch my wife Lucy here on The Café, ask her about her Goose and Rabbit Tea Party. She has used the kettle on stage for years.

It's great prop if you have the act for it.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I use the Tea Kettle as a "silent stage-setter" to music early in the show. It's quite visual and works well . . .
Led Heflin
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Led Heflin
What is the effect this tea kettle is used for? I'm working on a cup of tea production (part of a longer routine), and I've been wondering how I might get there in the easiest fashion.
Let him borrow and return his handkerchief like a man, and trust to his sleight of hand.
<BR>
<BR>--Edwin Sachs
<BR>
<BR>http://www.myspace.com/ledheflin
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Which magic tea kettle do you have? I have seen different versions.Cordially,Howard
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I use the tea kettle to set up a stage size blendo effect. First, the kettle produces the 4 colors of liquid in 4 glasses. Then the explanation for the 4 colors lies in the - what's this? 4 dry silks of the same colors are inside the kettle! Then, the 4 silks magically change into the 36" blendo silk. I use the blendo gimmick (4 colored silk ends) to enhance the effect. It's a nice routine that combines the two magical effects................
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Great idea.Howard
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I staged an act in a play around the tea kettle prop one time. Its a truly weird effect. I always thought of it as an answer looking for a good question. Still not sure I know the right question!
Keep Your head up, your heart open and your magic alive.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Robert Kohler makes a very good point that is really worth development. In some respects, the Tea Kettle enjoys many of the advantages of the Square Circle. Instead of showing it empty, pour a drink!

Scheme!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com