The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Multiplying Bottles from one tube (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Hello VEday,
I'am for sure: the most beautiful bottles
are constructed by Keisuke Hanada and
sold by Hocus Pocus.
Even one foot away you would believe those
are real winebottles.
So contact Hocus Pocus for your questions.
They cost a fortune, but it's a lifetime investment !
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Hi VEday,

Now the last information I will sent you.
Look at this video carefully and you can
select different methods for your act.
Go to You tube and type:
hugues protat alias edmond au plus grand cabaret du monde.
More I can't say to you.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
In my humble opinion, Ken Brooke's 9 bottle routine is a CLASSIC and a thing of beauty.....that's why I've used for years, and as Pete Biro says, it always goes over and the flow is perfect. In fact, for that reason, it makes the perfect closing trick...

Having said that, I think it's very clever of Payne's use of camouflage to hide the discrepencies between bottle sizes in his 12-bottle bit, and it also adds a new dimension to the trick......but having said THAT...I have enough trouble "cleanly wrapping up" my 9 bottle set at the end of my routine....(you multiplying bottle workers will know what I mean)..........a 12 bottle set scares me in that regard, so hats off to those who can handle it!

I seriously recommend getting the Ken Brooke routine and studying it carefully for those multiplying bottle workers or wannabees. It's that good.
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
I agree; for most people the set of 9 is sufficient. You will realize that one day
when you have to carry them from the back of the room; or when someone else
insists on helping. A set of 12 or more is ok if you always have a proper stage
where the curtains close and you can clean up out of sight.I have used a set of 9 and people told me that Ihad about a dozen. They also usually do
not look real in a living room situation - with some exceptions( difficult to exit too)
It is a stage and cabaret trick.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
[quote]On 2012-03-17 17:57, john wills wrote:
Go to You tube and type:
More I can't say to you.
[/quote

WOW! How many sets does he HAVE?? I love the steals! Great find, John! Smile

Doug
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
A double WOW for that
hugues protat alias edmond au plus grand cabaret du monde

I'll have to get my wife to watch that, she speaks French and I would like to know what he his saying.
I did not see any steals. Either I was not paying attention or I'm going blind....
Thanks for that I'm going to look for more of his videos.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You cannot see any steals as the real magic is in that table. I would love to see all the mechanics working in there. It must be a mechanical marvel.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah, that it is! I knew WHEN he got the extra loads, but not sure where they're coming from...
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
Here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2M677hHfM

No steals?
Look at
1:18-1:21,
2:37-38,
2:41-43.

A lot of "Pay no attention to this tube, which goes below the top of the table, while I unload the other one."

No doubt some steals may have occurred when the audience reactions were being shown.

As for the table, look at the two big circles above the legs when viewed from above.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
For anybody interested I have a 10 bottle set of Tora multiplying wine bottles for sale in the sale forum. 235.00 shipped priority mail with tracking and insurance.

I'm trying to get the extra funds to help me get the multiplying rum bottles.

-Bobby
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow! Bobby I just went here just to look...

http://www.toramagic.com/htm/bottle.htm

OMG, I have questions, but hesitate to ask. Further research is needed. Awesome looking bottles, and the variety, if these are as good a quality as they appear, this is really impressive! I've never seen such on one site!

Doug
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1788 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"On 2012-03-17 17:57, john wills wrote:
Go to You tube and type:
More I can't say to you."

OK Maybe it is just me but besides the large production of bottles doesn't he come across as a blithering idiot, not trying to be offensive but that is what I see. Juan Tamirez can get away with it because his magic is so amazing and technique w/o flaw, but sorry here I do not get it.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Tboehnlein,

Sorry for misunderstanding this. I did not give this reference for the performance, but for the TECHNIQUE.
Protat uses different types of loading, that's why !
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-02-07 18:41, Higgenbottom wrote:
Wmhegbli, can you tell me where I can get the plans for an elevator table? I don't see this on Paul's website.

It was published in Genii Magazine a long time ago. I am sure it is in Paul Osborne's book on the plans that appeared in Genii small appratus trick. Inquire with Paul Osborne as to which of his books.
Mach
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Mach
So is this for the most part a stage trick or will the bottles be too noticeable for a close up performance?

Thanks

Mach
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-05-26 06:59, Mach wrote:
So is this for the most part a stage trick or will the bottles be too noticeable for a close up performance?

Thanks

Mach

You are in the Stage, Platform and Parlour section of the Café. Honestly, why would you think it has anything to do with close-up performance.

It has nothing to do with the bottles, it has to do with the fact that this is a presentation effect, with no interaction required from the audience.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Can a set of ten bottles such as the Tora set be used to do the nine bottle Ken Brooke routine?

Perhaps, Pete Biro can weigh in here.

Thanks!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1486 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2012, billappleton wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-05 16:12, Michael Baker wrote:

If the larger bottles are darker in color and the smaller ones lighter, the eye can be fooled into thinking they are closer to the same size.

when I start to display the bottles I wonder which strategy is better:

1) put the smaller ones in front, then perspective will make up for some of the size difference, or

2) put the smaller ones in back, then people will think any size difference is due to perspective

there is a trick in Japanses view gardens where you make each stone on the path a little smaller, and when you look at the view there is a forced perspective making the garden look bigger. so I think (2) above is the best practice.

in other words, people expect the ones in back to look smaller

Anyone have thoughts on this? Would love to know. Narrow necks at the front or back of display?
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Angelo Carbone,

I never thought to over analyze this effect and handling, as the Ken Brooke routine is perfect as is.

I believe if you go through the Ken Brooke routine as printed, you will realize your answer to your perplexed mind.

Angelo, you did not take into consideration lighting and the way it affects what people actually see. Window nstural sun light as well as stage lighting from the floor and the rafters.

Look forward to your analysis.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1486 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
@bill hegbli What if one doesn't want to do Ken Brooke's routine? I want to come up with my own routine and handling. Therefore he won't provide the answer to my 'perplexed mind'.

I have thought about lighting but I would still love to hear from someone who wants to answer the question about wide necks at front or back as Bill Appleton originally asked. I feel your reply didn't answer the question at all 🙂
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor