The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Appearing Fish Illusion Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Kev, I'd be interested in your update on the fish production you elected to work with. I recently came across the Anton Corradin's fish kerchief being offered and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this item. It' not a bad concept but I'm just wondering if it's practical. You can view it on http://www.antoncorradin.com.

Snidini
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
I have heard the same thing about the fish not coming out.
Fish go towards the dark, where it's safe, not towards the light.

Now then...
I use Kozuch Gimmick at kids shows.
I think this gimmick is pretty worthless except for when it comes to fish.
To appear a coin or anything else... there is no need for it.
You can do it better a hundred different ways.
But for fish... it's great.

When I do a birthday show...
My last trick is appearing a live fish in a small fish bowl.
The bowl is a glass bowl, about the size of a softball, that costs 87 cents at Hobby Lobby.
You have to use the small goldfish though, with this gimmick... they cost 27 cents.
Once I appear the fish, I let the birthday child keep the bowl and fish.
A cool present under a dollar... can't beat it.

Randi
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Quote:
On 2007-01-27 21:28, randirain wrote:
I have heard the same thing about the fish not coming out.
Fish go towards the dark, where it's safe, not towards the light.

Now then...
I use Kozuch Gimmick at kids shows.
I think this gimmick is pretty worthless except for when it comes to fish.
To appear a coin or anything else... there is no need for it.
You can do it better a hundred different ways.
But for fish... it's great.

When I do a birthday show...
My last trick is appearing a live fish in a small fish bowl.
The bowl is a glass bowl, about the size of a softball, that costs 87 cents at Hobby Lobby.
You have to use the small goldfish though, with this gimmick... they cost 27 cents.
Once I appear the fish, I let the birthday child keep the bowl and fish.
A cool present under a dollar... can't beat it.

Randi

hello randirain, in my own opinion, I agree that the fish production is the best one for my gimmick, when this idea was born was thought for a fish production, after I showed to some magicians, they started to use it for other effects, for example I have a friend who works in restaurants, walking between the tables, and he has the gimmick loaded with coins, so if he see an empty glass, he just take it, and pretend that is trowing coins to the air and catch them with the glass, then he drop all the real coins to the table "from the empty glass",others riends has a silk loaded on it, and find that is easier to them to take it when they need...others people produce juice from a glass with water, you can slush powder in a glass, etcetera,there are many ideas that are possible to be done,but I agree the fish production is the best one