The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Flourish For All Ages (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Hi brothers in the flourishing world. I'd like to share something with you all.

I am in the process of creating booklets on flourishing and card magic. Its name is KEEPIN' IT SIMPLE. The first 2 volumes will be released on 2005 with contents from the contribution of De'vo, Michael Kelley and Kevin Ho. The first 2 volumes are all on basic flourishes, carefully selected ones. I only got those really eye-catchers. The 3rd and 4th volume will be a combination of sleight of hand card magic.
The booklet is aimed to teach beginners as well as those who are already familiar in the flourishing world the really simple flourishes that could make a really big hit on the spectators. It is also a stepping stone for the world of eXtreme Card Manipulation. The content contains lectures on how to fan, spread cards, do aerial moves, perform cut combos and more.

Here is a sample of the cover page. It's not much but it will do.
http://www.freewebs.com/magic_of_karl/products.htm

Hope you guys support me on this.
Roman
View Profile
New user
London
42 Posts

Profile of Roman
Erm

I think your infringing on about 34 copyright laws.

Roman
MagikMike
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MagikMike
Hahahahahaha.
"What's your father's occupation?"

"He's a magician"

"What's his favorite trick?"

"Sawing people in half."

"Gosh! Any brothers or sisters?"

"One half brother, and two half sisters"
Roxy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Roxy
Seems ok.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Why is it every kid who can flourish is coming out with some booklet or dvd on the subject? I mean, come on...
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Mr. Dynamite, you already know what I think about this.. I watched the Demo of it on the bottom and it was alright but the sybil needs more flow, the one handed cuts more flow as well and most of the other stuff too...

The only thing I really liked in the video was the last thing, flipback into middle of the deck catch.

My point is, you need to be able to do the moves good yourself before you teach others them..

LOTS of people have asked me to put videos for sale teaching my material. Displays, sybils, Productions, cuts... Whatever. Why not? Becuse I don't have enought knowledge yet, not enought material and I don't know the material or background well enough yet.

I can start thinking about selling material in like 3-4 years, not before that. And as I have seen topics by you where you needed help with simple flourishes, I think you should wait a few more years as well.

Thanks, that was dedicated to everyone thinking about releasing products.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.