The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Card Spring, Cascade, and Fan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
CardsAsWeapons
View Profile
New user
Georgia
7 Posts

Profile of CardsAsWeapons
Hey, guys, I am here to ask about the card spring, cascade, and pressure fan, as the topic title suggests. I am attempting to learn these, and am doing ok, but I would like a few tips. I am pretty sure these are not guarded secrets of magic, so I am allowed to ask for them. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!!! Smile Smile
ninja
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ninja
Refer to Jean Hugard's "Card Manipulations"
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
You can find the cascade and the pressure fan on vol 1 of The Art Of Card Manipulations
I like cards.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I agree. "Card Manipulations" is a great source.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I do all of these, but I don't know what tips I could give you. It's really mostly just a matter of practice. I will say that I learned to spring cards from my fingertips rather than my thumb. A lot of people teach to use the thumb because the cards then spring toward you, which is easier to control, but if you learn to spring the cards from your fingertips it makes learning to do a good pressure fan a lot easier (I think it looks better too). The only other thing I might add is that, although the pressure fan does use the same basic technique as springing the cards, it feels very different.

Jim
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
You can find ALL that you mentionned in Jeff McBride's "The art of card manipulation". He explains everything in great details. I think you'll really like it!
-aka-
Phoenix
MagicSponge
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of MagicSponge
Yes and you can find more in Jerry Cestkowski's Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes.
It's all there, it's all cool, it takes you through begginer stuff, through advanced stuff, if you are willing to work and focus, you will benefit from this marvelous book.
http://www.flourishman.com

Thanks,
Doug-The Magic Sponge
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Curious, why are you the magicsponge, Doug? Does this have anything to do with Spongebob, he is a pretty hot character right now.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
Steels Tip: Try buying Tudors video and learn how to spring upside down Smile