The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Cards and powder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
What are the best cards to use with powder, and do different cards react differently to powder than others? Is it neccessary to powder the cards when doing fans and things.
Thanks in advance,

Cardjinx Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I think you might be putting the cart before the horse here. You probably should find a deck you are comfortable with and then determine if it needs powder.

I believe powder is a matter of taste and is not required for fans or any other flourishes although you may prefer a powdered deck.
Yakworld.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I wouldn't say it's necessary and I don't use it much because if someone hands you their deck and tells you to do something with it, you will be so used to powder that you can't do it, that's my opinion though.

If you want to know good cards to powder, look for cards that have the little dimples on them. That's where a lot of the powder goes. Bicycle and Bee hold powder well.
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated