The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Color changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ive looked around ellusionist and I cant find out where I can learn such great card switches.im buying a de'vo XB and a jeff McBride card magic 1 but they don't have some the changes I saw.what I need to know is which dvd has the most changes and visual color changes?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
If I remember, XB doesn't have any changes, I have the video, but I don't quite remember, but I don't think so.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Nah, XB only has card manipulation on it.

You will probably find some in McBrides DVD though.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
On McBrides DVD there aren't very many, and they are pretty poorly taught.

Theres an instant download at penguin which has a few cool changes on it, including the shapeshifter. I recommend you try that, not that I'm a big penguin magic fan, but its pretty cheap. I think its called "jokers wild."

Ch ch ch ch check it out.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
Some of the places I learned some color changes are the Bill Malone DVD series, the Pit Hartling Little Green Lecture, and the Daryl video on color changes.

Jack Carpenter has a really cool color change, I can't think of the name right now, but it's in one of his books.

Jerry Andrus has an awesome color change as well, I had to modify my version cause my hand is smaller than his.

Those are some of my recommendations.

K.C.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2005-09-14 16:48, KC wrote:
Jack Carpenter has a really cool color change, I can't think of the name right now, but it's in one of his books.

Impulse change, and I like that one a lot.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
All right I think ill go for shape shifter.but this is a little off the subject but has anyone ever seen the finger fantisies dvd its awsome!!!sorry just wanted to put that out there but seriously I think I might get shape shifter and just a question but whats better JM card vol 1 or cradle to grave?the reason I ask is I'm 13 and I wanted to know which would be better for me?
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Jeff McBrides Art of Card Manipulation would be MUCH better for you. His card Dvd's are better for beginners. Cradle to the Grave has great moves on it, but it's really to expand the repetoir of someone who already knows a lot of card moves. Good luck.

James
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
All right thanks I think iwill stick with Jeff McBride.thanks for the help.
cardpunk1206
View Profile
New user
oregon
51 Posts

Profile of cardpunk1206
If you want a great color change cheak out daniel garcia's ego change on his daniel garcia project 1 dvd. it is the best change I have ever seen. it is amazing, you are clean from begining to end.
We Need To Be Astonished. -Paul Harris
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
David Williamson changes the backs of an entire deck in his handling of color stunner. It's on his card farm dvd.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
The ego change just seems like a slow motion cardini color change. I wasnt that impressed with it. Ive seen someone do this exact move in a video called "The Coffin Pass" Maybe he learned it from blueprints? That would make sense then. But I still think its the same a Cardini color change.

James
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
The Coffin Change...and the Cardini color change are both different that the Ego change..they are both great changes and look very nice...but they are different...look into the handling

DG
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1888 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ive found the nija series had a lot of changes but I have to choose both ninjas or XB.whick should I stick with?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1571 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
The ego change is the most incredible looking change I've ever seen. I can't stop doing it!
Vinnie C.
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Vinnie C.
Coffin, Ego, and the "New" Cardini change are all the same *** thing. Smile
"Living is easy with eyes closed."
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Maybe its the opinion of "different." To me if the way the card is changed is the same, its the same color change. I don't care if the deck is held slightly different or the other hand makes a different pass or whatever. I still don't see a difference. Maybe its because I was never officially taught the Cardini and coffin change. But I do both exactly the same way. They look the same to me. Same goes with the Ego change. I don't mean anything bad like that, I just truly don't see a difference. Ill have yet another look at the Ego change though.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
The Coffin and New cardini change are all the same to me.

Ego change has a "new" better looking cleanup.

That's all there is to it.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Get top gun by vinny marini. amazing color change. check it out at http://www.vinnymarini.com . or get shapeshifet from ellusionist. nice color change there too. practice with both and amaze everyone.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Cardini, Automatic Jog Palm Change(Muerte), and now the Ego all are the same change as far as the mechanics and the change goes.(Coffin was just the Cardini change passed off as a pass.). Each has a different clean up. While Ego is certainly pretty I didn't see the need for this to be published, I actually perfer the clean up in "the Cardini" way over Daniels', but most of all I perfer Muerte's clean up as you get a card in a full palm at the same time which is immensely useful.

I first saw "the Top Gun" performed at a lecture by Steve Draun. He and Vinny agree that they indepently developed it. Vinny is an incredibly nice guy and magician, and I can't wait to check out his new dvd. But to be fair to Steve, his was in print long before Vinny's.

I personally don't believe Shapeshifter deserves to mentioned in the same sentence as beautiful moves such as Top Gun or Ego or what not. That's just my opinion. As for a cousin in terms of mechanics but for some reason much more visually appealing to me, Hiro Sakai's Duck Change, it is beautiful and one of my favorites.
Joshua 24:15