The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: The best flourish video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
If you had to choose ONLY one video on flourishes (not a book!), a video that would have the nicest flourishes and explanations overall, which one would you choose? Jeff McBride's? Capcuts? Buck Twins? etc.....?
-aka-
Phoenix
Themaster
View Profile
New user
Denver CO
13 Posts

Profile of Themaster
Jerry's and De'vos is the BEST!! There is NO talking, and their special teaching technique makes you learn almost the first time watching it. And in my opinion, the material is the best on the market. You can buy them at http://www.superhandz.com

Just ask anyone who has purchased them!!

Francisco
MagicSponge
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of MagicSponge
I bought them, (Jerry and De'vos teaching CDs,) I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, IMPRESSED!
The stuff is explained in a different way than most magic videos (hehe, he). It is explained so that you only have to watch the CDs one time to learn the flourish, or at least understand the flourishes (they are advanced).
They do it without talking! If you don't believe me, you better buy the CDs! They are AWESOME!
And the flourishes taught on them ROCK!

There were some other videos mentioned. If you read the aby9plp it will mention them, but I also like those as well. The Bucks, Tudors and Caps video are only cuts, but I like them as well and do tons of the cuts from them. I think it is good and important to be knowledgeable about other flourishes and have a varied and expanded flourish style.
Start off with Jerry Cestkowski's Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes, IT ROCKS! http://www.flourishman.com

ENJOY!
Doug-The Magic Sponge
Yoseph
View Profile
New user
Austria
21 Posts

Profile of Yoseph
I have to agree with you, Doug.

Jerry and De'vo's vids are really GREAT!! And I hear they just sent out a Bonus to the people that bought the first two. The bonus has 2 teaching videos to include De'vo's packet vanish, 2 videos of the Flourishman not seen before, entry to their forum we both love, and a password to a locked forum. All of this for free!! I love these guys.

I have never seen that teaching style before, it is really great. Basically, they go over the move from behind, in slow mo, and over and over again, with original music. You don't have to rewind or anything!! Sometimes the colors and music change to match each other and make it more interesting, and sometimes they add comedy. Like, lift your birdy finger etc. but with minimal text and NO talking.. that's crazy..... ha... It is fun to watch. The opening sequences pump you up, with cool displays of the basics, and some advanced applications. I watch them all of the time. Over and over.... and try to do the advanced by watching.... ha...

I also love the fact that when you buy the videos, you get the forum so you can communicate with both of them and other flourish pros directly. You can ask questions, and a lot of times they will give you some of the advanced applications for free! So it's like having your own private pro tutor. In fact, right now on the forum is some of De'vo's different Flipback moves that are not on the video to learn.

In my opinion, these are the best videos out for MANY, MANY reasons!!

Yoseph/Kathy