The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Acrobatic Diving Board Double (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Yup, it's pretty much the best thing in the whole wide world......
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Feel Free to Elaborate Jordin.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Well, it's the best thing in the whole wide world. Two cards as one SHOOT OFF THE TOP OF THE DECK several feet into the air and revolve in the air any number of times (from 2 to even 8 if you want) and land back on top of the deck held together as one card. Or you can do it with four cards....or three, or any number you can get to shoot off without exploding. Even if you don't use it as a double lift, it is way cool to watch. Everyone should buy the e-book...RIGHT NOW. (Oh, it's also way fun).

Basically, I stayed up all last night (no sleep at all) to work on this move. It's that amazing.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Hmmmm.... An Arobatic Double lift... sounds interesting...

So How much is this e-book and where can people find it...

It's purely a sleight right?? No sticky stuff on the cards?

And slowly we pry information from Jordini
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
4Jack,

Check out Lee Asher's site for details on this. It's a great move...if you have time on your hands!
-Rich
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
No sticky stuff at all! This is not like the Arial cut that needs exact conditions. You can do it with anyone's cards. It took me about 3 hours to get down. (Not perfect mind you, get down). I'm still working on getting it 100% The non acrobatic version is also VERY useful. Get ready for some serious card dropping. The book is about 13 bucks, and well worth EVERY penny.

Find it here:
http://www.leeasher.com/diving_board_double.htm

KC has some neato vids of it.
Watch it here:

1st Video: http://kcushijima.com/Magic/DivingBoardDoubleFun(high).wmv
2nd Video: http://kcushijima.com/Magic/MoreDivingBo......igh).wmv
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
The best was when my boy asher busted out this crazy variation. He did the diving board over the back, then vanished the deck and the only cards that came over his back were the 4 aces. It was sick. He busted it out at dinner in front of about 30 people. Just floored everyone. It was hella tight.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
That version is included in the e-book. Smile
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
I'm a have to check those videos out, sounds cool, but $12 seems high for one trick.

Chris, Welcome Back!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
It's not just one trick. Its a move with various applications, a cool exercise, and a really sweet deckvanish. Plus, a lot of insight into the double lift move itself. Worth the twelve bucks, definetly.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Quote:
On 2005-06-01 16:21, 4Jacks wrote:

Chris, Welcome Back!

Sup Jacks.

I never left. Just been staying on the low for a minute. I have still been keeping tabs.

Kepp will always be around.
www.chriskeppel.com
Antz
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Antz
I saw it first on KC Ushijima's vids and I learnt it soon after.

The behind the back thing is hard to keep consistent. But I'm sure there are some who can nail it 99%.

ANtZ
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
It's a good move, but everyone please read Lee's terms on the first page of the PDF...NO internet videos without his permission.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 02:16, Chris Keppel wrote:
Sup Jacks.

I never left. Just been staying on the low for a minute. I have still been keeping tabs.

Kepp will always be around.

YEAH!!! I figured out where you been.... Your whole Friggin Web Site is RE-DONE... Plus it says you have your first DVD available, and a Carbon Fiber Coffee Table, that's the Shizzle right there. So what's the deal?? I'm going PM you about the DVD's I don't want to Hi-Jack Jordini's thread.

Which BTW $13 ($12.95) is still a little high considering if I buy Keppel's $30 dvd I can sell it for at least $20 on ebay when I'm done with it.

And I would question Lee Asher being able to require that people not have the right to perform it on any video they want. No disrepect to the man, I don't know em, but I thought you could perform any move in publication, given credit of course.
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
But then again.. why learn a magic trick if you are only doing it for magicians?
hehe, a little on the side there, but I hope you get my point.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I love DBD, both versions. Smile

I don't use them a lot,
but they are fun to play with. ^^
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 08:14, Driver wrote:
But then again.. why learn a magic trick if you are only doing it for magicians?

I don't get it... Must be missing something.. I was talking about buying a dvd for $30 selling it for $20 so it cost me $10 to learn the tricks, versus buying a PDF for $13 and not being able to resell it.

You're not allowed to re-sell your PDF are you?? I don't mean buy one and sell multiple copies, but like buy one, and sell your one copy??? I guess that would make no sense and no one would believe that you didn't keep a copy or sell more copies.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
[quote]On 2005-06-02 08:08, 4Jacks wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 02:16, Chris Keppel wrote:
I don't want to Hi-Jack Jordini's thread.

It's ok, I'm used to it Smile
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 12:20, 4Jacks wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 08:14, Driver wrote:

I don't get it... Must be missing something.. I was talking about buying a dvd for $30 selling it for $20 so it cost me $10 to learn the tricks, versus buying a PDF for $13 and not being able to resell it.

You're not allowed to re-sell your PDF are you?? I don't mean buy one and sell multiple copies, but like buy one, and sell your one copy??? I guess that would make no sense and no one would believe that you didn't keep a copy or sell more copies.

I was talking about this:
Quote:
And I would question Lee Asher being able to require that people not have the right to perform it on any video they want. No disrepect to the man, I don't know em, but I thought you could perform any move in publication, given credit of course.

The most important thing is that you will be doing it for your audience, not other magicians. But I still get ur point and to some extend agree with you.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Hey jacks, The dbd is for sure worth the money. He shows a ton of stuff and a few different ways to do it. Lee is a good friend of mine and he has fried my mind a bizzillion times with tons of stuff. His dbd is for sure something to pick up if you want to learn it. Well worth the money. As for me being on the low. I have had about 2000.00 bucks worth of carbon parts to make for people in the last few weeks. Plus I'm trying to get my car ready for Hot import nights when it comes to KC next month. Plus I'm getting ready to make a whole new site for my carbon fiber work because I am getting people from all over the usa wanting parts. Once the dvd's drop finally in about a month then I will most likely be on a lot more. For now I am just chillin and trying to finish some things. Plus my baby is due on August 15. So Kepp Daddy will now really be a daddy. Hahahha.

Ill keep in touch.

Kepp
www.chriskeppel.com