The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Frozen In Time by Katsuya Masuda :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Frozen In Time by Katsuya Masuda
---------------oOo-----------------

Effect/Description: The magician brings out a clear Plexiglass photo-block. Sealed inside the block is a photograph of a pocket watch. The photo-block is placed inside an opaque plastic cover by the magician and then set on the table.
The performer then has a spectator select any hour of the day, then announce that hour for all to hear. The choice is free and random (No force of any kind is used).
The clear photo-block is then removed from the cover. The audience is shown that the time on the pocket watch, the very time that the photo was taken, it is the exact time named by the spectator.
The photo is shown all around. The spectators are asked to feel the surface and verify that it really is a photograph sealed inside. A photograph of a watch, set to their chosen time!
-----------------------------------

Frozen in Time is exactly like the description above reads, no exaggeration here folks. While this effect has been out for awhile, I just recently obtained one for my own evaluation.
The prop is extremely well made and the way it works is very clever indeed. The handling is easy and the only thing you'll need to work on would be a cool presentation. For a lay audience, the idea of a time that they themselves come up with appearing on a photograph is just way beyond belief.

You receive the plexiglass block with a photo sealed inside, a clear plastic holder and a sheet of easy to follow instructions. It will take a few times before working the gimmick becomes second nature, but nothing that is difficult. I will point out that while the spectators can touch the block, you can't let them examine it. Not really a big deal if you present this the right way. All looks very fair and your spectators really have no reason to suspect anything is wrong. I like this and think you will too. Recommended. Smile

My rating:

Suggested retail: $88.00

Available from Hocus Pocus
2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703
Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040
Questions, chat: (559) 266-5150
24-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You can also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com
To visit the Hocus Pocus site: Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks