The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Just Passin' Thru by Russ Niedzwiecki :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Years ago I can recall being totally amazed when I saw David Copperfield perform Timothy Wenks' effect, Misled. It just didn't seem possible. Needless to say, I purchased one as soon as they were available and have been using this trick ever since. It always amazes those who see it for the first time. Smile

When I got wind of a NEW melting pencil effect, I didn't become overly excited. After all, how can you really improve on an already great concept? Would there be any real advantages to upgrading as it were? Well, I received a review copy of Just Passin' Thru and played with this for a week or so. The following is a little food for thought, so enjoy. Smile

Just Passin' Thru by Russ Niedzwiecki
---------------oOo-----------------

Effect/Description: A dollar bill, wrapped around a pencil, is instantly penetrated by the pencil! The bill is again wrapped around the pencil, and once again, the pencil penetrates through, at slow-motion pace. Nothing added or taken away! Masterful routining makes this one of the most visual effects anyone can perform.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

First, I could not decide whether or not this review should go in the Booklet area, (It has a booklet) the DVD area, (It comes with a DVD) or the Trick area. (It includes some special props) I finally decided that because of the special props, it warranted a place in the Tricks & Accessories portion of my review area. Smile

The above description, (Though ad copy) very accurately describes Just Passin' Thru. You take a large black pencil (the type used in grammar schools) and cause it to penetrate a borrowed bill. I must say it looks very good. Smile

When I compare this effect with Wenks' Misled illusion, though the effects are very similar, they are also somewhat different. For starters, the special gimmicked pencil that comes with Just Passin' Thru, is, in my opinion, not only easier to use, but less likely to give you any trouble. I cannot elaborate on this without revealing methods, but those of you who own Misled know there is a point where extreme caution must be used, else your gimmick will sail through the air! Smile
This cannot happen with the special gimmick that Russ Niedzwiecki has ingeniously created. Very, very clever, and your audience will never guess how it's done.

Additionally, I found using Russ' apparatus much, much easier. Please understand that I still think Misled is a great effect, I just feel Just Passin' Thru does the same job... only better. Smile

Purchasing Just Passin Thru' will get you a 46 page booklet (Cover art by Ben Harris) with easy to follow instructions and the text is accompanied by illustrations done by artist Tony Dunn. In addition, you receive a wonderful DVD produced by Tim Trono, which will have you passing pencils through bills in no time at all.

Russ slowly and clearly explains all the details you will need to know in order to fool your audience... and fool them you will, I can assure you. You also get the gimmicked pencil and a cute bonus routine to boot. Smile

In closing, I'll say that for the small asking price, this is a real bargain folks. The effect is, very strong, very easy to do and only needs your own special presentation to make it a signature piece in your act.
Bottom line - buy this, it's worth every penny. Recommended. Smile

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer. Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., Click here to visit Murphy's website!
Dealers call toll free: 1-800-853-7403

Suggested retail: $20.00

You can contact Russ Niedzwiecki directly at: magicbuzz@att.net

To order direct, visit Russ' website at:
Click here!

Or call toll free: 800-562-2365

Russ Niedzwiecki
6272 11 Mile Road NE
Rockford, MI 49341
USA
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks