The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: In Flight by David Regal :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
In Flight by David Regal
----------oOo-----------

Effect & description: The performer hands a spectator a deck of cards and instructs him to make sure all the cards are different, and to then shuffle the deck in any manner he desires. At that point a rubber band is placed around the deck and the deck is sent out into the audience where three different spectators each peek at a card and commit it to memory. THERE IS NO DECK SWITCH. Upon return of the deck – which is not inspected in any way – the performer correctly divines the three thought-of selections in the manner of the classic Tossed-Out Deck.

Says Roger Klause—“First a word of advice. Trust me when I suggest that all well seasoned “workers” toss out your Tossed- Out-Decks! That’s right: get rid of them!
Once you experience David’s In Flight, you will be in command of the most bewildering and diabolical feat of pure mentalism one could imagine. I can personally attest to the stunning impact this effect had on the very knowledgeable attendees at the 2004 4F convention.
Included with the ingenious deck and professional script, David has been granted permission to share a “wonderful subtlety” of Wayne Dobson’s. On a personal note: in the early days I became friends with the legendary David Hoy and witnessed his signature performance of this effect on many occasions. If possible, Mr. Hoy would be the first to give In Flight a standing ovation"

Comes complete with a specially manufactured deck of Bicycle Rider Back playing cards, rubber bands, a 10-page booklet detailing David’s complete routine, and, with permission, a special tip from Wayne Dobson that will turn the revelations into a sure fire applause cue!"

-----------------------------------------------------

The Tossed-Out Deck trick has rightfully earned its place among that which most would consider a true classic of magic. Performers such as Richard Osterlind, Ted Lesley and even Jonathan Pendragon have devastated audiences for years using various appoaches to performing this extremely strong effect. Indeed, if presented correctly, you will be remembered for years to come and no doubt run the high probability of receiving future bookings based on this one trick alone. Alright, in some parts of the country you may actually run the risk of having Holy water thrown on you, but that's another story. Smile

Over the years there have been literally dozens of versions which have either seen print in various magazines, monographs and lecture notes or available thru various dealers. Each edition sported a new twist or variation which was suppose to make the effect stronger than previous editions. In some cases this was true, while other times you wondered why you wasted your money.

Having said all that, I'm pleased to report that the latest version that David Regal has come up with is not only a real stunner, but could easily be described as the perfect edition of this mini mystery.

David supplies you with a very special deck that will do 90% of the work for you. The remaining 10% will require good presentation skills. Let me elaborate a bit. If you were to see the deck, then run out and do the trick, it would probably be a mystery to your spectators, this I have no doubt. On the other hand, if you take the time to study this trick a little so that you clearly understand the why and how of it all, it suddenly becomes a fantastic effect - a real reputation maker. Which would you rather do?

The instruction booklet is very well written and will have your wheels turning in no time. David's idea here is so very clever says I. How clever? Well, simply put - I observed an entire room full of magicians scratching their heads at this years World Magic Seminar following the performance of this effect by Mr.Regal. Yep, it killed. I'll end this by saying that I like this trick and think that you will too. My highest recommendation. Smile

--------------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $35.00

You can contact David Regal directly at: david@davidregal.com

To order direct, visit David's website at:
Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks