The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Hello I am new AND I have a magical problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
For my show I am building many illusions and I am stuck for the last one. I want to do a vanish of some kind where I vanish. I don't want it to be a box trick really I want something EPIC! I was thinking of bringing the first row of the audiance and making them vanish what do you think? Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks,
Kyle B.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Something bloody & gross could be interesting? Smile

Cutting off some limbs perhaps? an explosion & vanish?
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Smile

Well I already have the Exploding Grandmother trick. So I think I need a tasteful way to end.
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
The front row vanish is good but sounds to similar to Copperfields '13' illusion. Which he got from Alain Choquet. How about VAnishing yourself and all your assistants at the same time. Saying "the show is over and we are off to the next venue" Poof---you and everyone working for you is gone. End of show as noone is left!

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
No I mean the audiance never leves there seats we just momentarily lift a curtain around them and there gone then I would vanish.
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Leaving them seated is probably too difficult but on-stage they can easily be vanished with a back-drop replacement under cover of smoke and flash.

By the way - whatever happened to your Flaming Catfish trick?
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Blurr,

David Copperfield got the illusion "13" from Gary Ouellet, not Alain Choquette.
Best regards,

D
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Flaming Catfish? I have allot of ideas and I only keep a few could you remind e what it consisted of?