The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: How Copperfield's Lotto trick done? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
robmorrow
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of robmorrow
Saw DC Live at the MGM Grand this past Sat. He did mostly all old tricks I have seen before, and the show lasted just 1 hour 5 minutes when it was billed as 1 hour 30 minutes. Was mostly disappointed, but wondering on the lottery prediction trick when the swap was made to put the predictions in the locked box. Furthermore, how could the stage hands create the fake license plate so quickly?

Rob
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Are you serious? How long have you been a magician...5 minutes? Do you seriously think that anyone who is "in the know" on ANYTHING is just going to spill the beans in an open forum? WOW!

If you want to know, contact DC's people and ask. You'll get the same response from them as you will from people here!

Still in Shock!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Yeah ask Copperfield! He will tell you everything and will even give you the rights to perform the car appearance just after! Wow! God it is so fun to be a magician!
;-)
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Rob...

Glad to have you here! I just want to make sure you don't misunderstand the intent of the forum.

We do say that it's magicians helping magicians but that doesn't mean we just give out the secrets to anything in a public area where anyone can come in and see it. After you've been here a while and reached a certain number of posts you're given access to a few areas where some secrets are discussed a little more openly but certainly not anything that isn't common knowledge in open magic circles. David's effects were created and built exclusively for his show. Most people don't know some of the methods and it wouldn't be right to discuss even for the people who DO know them.

Magic is a great avocation, hobby and career but it requires getting to know other magicians, then finding and working with your peers at each level to gain and share knowledge.

Take care!
Ray Pierce
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hey Ray,

I appreciate your classy response to robmorrow.

Lou
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol...I was going to just say that Christopher called me early and said "Let's do the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing!" I'm just trying to help the balance.
Ray Pierce
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Hi Ray,

Obviously his question was way out of line. I guess there are different ways to let people know. I just appreciated your tactful response. I'm not being critical of anyone else.

Lou
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Don't jump on him it was his first post. He might not read the rules. Smile
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
OK...you're right guys...Just not used to reading that kind of post...

Rob, welcome on the café! ;-)
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
And I was gonna just say "Very Well, don't you think?"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Cool move, Ray! Add my appreciation for your kind guidance to our new friend...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-14 19:31, illusions & reality wrote:
Hi Ray,

Obviously his question was way out of line. I guess there are different ways to let people know. I just appreciated your tactful response. I'm not being critical of anyone else.

Lou

It's NOT my job nor my responsibilty to be tactful! I'm not going to wrap a reponse up in flowers and sunshine just to conform to what people's standards of a "proper" and "tactful" response should be. That's not what I'm about...

So what if it's his first post to the Café'? Should that excuse the behavior? Not in my book! It's doubtful that this person is new to magic but even if he is, he needs to learn that to ask such a ridiculous question is just not acceptable. If he is a seasoned magi, then shame on him b/c then he should know better.

Welcome to the Café! Enjoy the insanity...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Hi Christopher,

Since you quoted me, I'll repeat what I said in my earlier post.

I appreciated how Ray communicated. I wasn't commenting on what you, or anyone else, said in their posts.

Lou
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5695 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-14 22:24, illusions & reality wrote:
Hi Christopher,

Since you quoted me, I'll repeat what I said in my earlier post.

I appreciated how Ray communicated. I wasn't commenting on what you, or anyone else, said in their posts.

Lou

No worries Lou... = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Well I will tip the method anyway, since he asked.

It was elves. Magical mind reading elves.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Smile
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
No no no the the fake license plate was made possible by the fact that Copperfield is part of the las vegas prison work release program.

its late at night or is it early in the morning either way welcome to the Café and too think Ray made a nice post.

good job.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com