The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: List of Illusions from Builders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Is there anywhere one can find a comprehensive and detailed list of the illusions built and designed by the more current designers?

For example, would there be a way to find a list and description of the illusions created by Andre Kole?

Is there a list one can look at detailing which designers have the rights to different illusions?

For instance, which illusions Willie Kennedy, Bill Smith, ect. builds and have exclusive rights to?

This might help those who wish to buy and be ethical to do so more easily since they would have the information and be able to make an informed decision.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
And these only list the known illusions, none of the "privately" designed and built. ie for a speciafic show.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Thank you very much, I appreciate the links and information.

I wish they were a little more detailed, perhaps containing a description and/or photograph so that potential buyers could better know if the title was what they were looking for or not, but I guess those who are interested could simply contact the designer/builder for more detailed information.

Thanks again.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Kyle,

Check out the inventors and builders websites I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Best,

Las
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 00:39, Christian Illusionist wrote:
..., but I guess those who are interested could simply contact the designer/builder for more detailed information.

Well it seams to me sometimes it´s not "simple". I contacted Bill Smith a week ago - and no answer yet.
A photo would be helpful. But sometimes the builders change their design and than you still wouldn´t know through a photo if it´s a legal one (when you buy a used illusion) or a rip-off. So contacting is the best way (if you get an answer, if you have time to wait, ...).
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Joy-Joy:

Something must be happening. Bill is VERY good on returning calls and answering e-mails. I would try again maybe he didn't get your message.

Thanks,
Reynold
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Also the reason people are not putting pictures on the net regarding some of the newer illusions is that people can look at, measure and build it themselves therby stealing the illusion.

Robert
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Bill Smith bs@magicventures.com

A while ago people were saying that the email address posted on the site didn't work, or even bounced mail back to them. This address is valid as of the date of this post.

Chris
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
Bill Smith is the best, takes time for people, unlike other builders who seem not to have time for less known performers. ( sometimes they become well known, don't they get this.)
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Thanks =) that sounds good.
I am trying it again...
Bill Smith
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bill Smith
Joy,Joy,

Check your private email, I just sent you a message. I am on a Cruise Ship
with limited internet.

Bill Smith
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Thank you!! Cruise Ship... okay. Sorry - sometimes magicians are too impatient.
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
560 Posts

Profile of pradell
Here is a great place to find more information:

http://www.zigmont.com/indexold.html

Click the above link, then click on the button marked "Resources for magicians."

:magicrabbit: