The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Owens THE ONE-SIDED HOLE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sobrien
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sobrien
Has anyone seen this performed or does anyone own this? I have many pieces from Owens so I know the quality is A+ but I have never seen this item performed. Thinking about getting this but would like some feedback. Thanks Shawn O'Brien
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
I have had two of them and like the trick very much. However, keep in mind that by the very nature of how it works, the chest is BIG, very big. That probably doesn't convey in the catalog photos.

The illusion is perfect, even close-up. I don't want to tip the work, but the design really does fool you because even if you suspect how it must work, there does not appear to be room for it to be possible. That, obviously, is much more clear if you have one.

The effect is very direct. You show the chest, turn it so the open back is toward the audience and put borrowed items inside. Now, you show the solid sheet of steel and the "one-sided" hole. It is a big black spot that is on one side of the sheet, but not on the other. You then slide the sheet in place right in front of the audience, and then put your hand right through the hole and remove the articles. You then slide the sheet back out and peel off the "hole" saving it for later use. What remains is a solid sheet of steel.

The instructions are also very well done, which is not typical with Owen. Their suggestion at the end is really deceptive and it truly appears that the sheet of steel doesn't leave sight for an instant.

I think it's an excellent prop, and a great and unusual effect.
sobrien
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of sobrien
Thanks so much for the feedback "Runawayjag"
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
Whats the cost of this illusion?