The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: All in One Illusion Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
davemen
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
16 Posts

Profile of davemen
Has anyone purchased it or seen it? Is it worth the price tag?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2785 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I do know there is one for sale at http://www.magicauction.com

s
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-10-21 23:10, davemen wrote:
Has anyone purchased it or seen it? Is it worth the price tag?

One look at the magazine ad photos should answer your question: NO.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Davemen,
I spent about 4 hours on and off with this illusion at the SAM convention this last July
So I feel qualified to tell you about it. While it looks like the answer to a illusionists dreams the flaw is that you have 7 or 8 box tricks in one unit.

It combines a thin model base with several other well known box tricks as well as internal fog blowers. In the right context it could be useful but it still leaves you with a box ,nothing else.

In all fairness I must say it's well built and the Asrah portion of the unit is very well thought out and enginerred.

At it's current price of over $5000.00 I would make sure that the routines you have would fit the applications before you make the investment.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-10-22 16:14, Saydean wrote:
Davemen,
I spent about 4 hours on and off with this illusion at the SAM convention this last July
So I fell qualified to tell you about it. [...]
It combines a thin model base with several other well known box tricks [...]

Well I've only seen the magazine ads, but I have to assume the base you saw in New York was a different base than the one in the ad photos, because the one in the ad photos had NO business calling itself "deceptive" and it certainly wasn't thin.

More importantly - presuming you could overcome the obvious base unit with a great presentation - a whole bunch of box tricks plus one levitation/vanish is hardly what I would call an illusion show... at least not a very GOOD illusion show.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld