The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Crashing into pavement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
giggalo183
View Profile
New user
new jersey
32 Posts

Profile of giggalo183
Im not exactly sure if this qualifies as grand illusions, but I need help finding a book or video or anything for that matter on surviving falls. Falls such as jumping of a high platform and surviving through some secret hole in the ground or illusions ive seen where the magician is hanging in mid air trying to escape from a straight jacket and ends up in a different place. So if anyone knows a book I can get or video on this topic please help. Im most interested in ways to survive a fall such as hidden cushions, etc etc. Thanks in advance

P.s I should mention im not talking about David Blaines way, where he crashed into boxes, Im talking about concealed methods
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Giggalo,
I would think that you need to contact a stunt person for this . I know of no illusion that would involve falling into a hidden trap. There are several illusions that use whats known as "deceptive stairs"
most notably the "Hangmans Gallows" but to fall any great distance and do it undercover would involve resetable trap doors and at the very least a tunnel for the reappearence.
To reappear in the audience after dissapearing is realitivley easy. Before you go much farther, answer a few questions for me.
Are you just curious about this?
Are you planning to perform this in public?
Do you have a firm backround in illusions?
Have you ever done high work or falls before?
Several methods could be used but would require extensive prep set up and crew to help. I look forward to your answers.