The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Dan Summers offering Steinmeyer's "Trouble" illusion (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
There is a breach of contract which entails its dissolution:

- Mr. Daniel Summers should give your money and also indemnify the losses.

- You must make use of international law.

But this situation is very bad publicity for Mr. Daniels will generate the loss of many potential customers.

The only ones that fulfill the contracts is always Mr. William Kennedy, Mr. Bill Smith, Owen Redwine and only someone else.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I was curious and did some snooping, and apparently the latest batch of Trouble illusions are finished and awaiting cases. I was informed that all current orders will ship next week. I'd advise anyone with a pending order to contact Dan directly regarding shipment of your prop.

It has been my experience with most builders that there is a wait time, which is generally longer than you would prefer. However, Dan is a quality builder and one that I would gladly recommend.

I am confident that anyone who has placed and paid for anything with Dan will receive their props as ordered.

My 2¢

Chris
Kenny Havard
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Kenny Havard
You should know by Dan Summers' reputation that you are not going to be ripped off.
I have personally seen the new Trouble Illusions currently being built. The amount of time and attention to detail that Dan has put into this project for an illusion that has never been built before is incredible. You will not be disappointed.
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Dan Summer's is truley one of the nice guys in the world of magic...He is a great illusion designer and builder...Kenny said it best "You will not be disappointed"
Best Wishes,
James Kesler
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I spoke with Mr. Summers today and he said there was no time frame specified in the contract, and that the illusion was shipping out today. He had no clue that there was a deadline that needed to be met. I know from personal experience that if Mr. Summers knows ahead of time that a deadline needs to be met and he can't make the deadline he will let you know. We were going to be working on a project together, but I needed it sooner than later. He promptly informed me that he would not be able to dedicate the time needed to complete the illusion. He could have easily said he would be able to do it, and take the money but he didn't. Just my experience. I figured I'd share that since he is not here to defend himself.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Anderson

I agree with you. You are right.

I was unimpressed with this real example . . .

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Kh magus did you recieve trouble illusion , could you give any review .
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
At last, we received our trouble illusionI

I decorated it as a big speaker.
and "Primavera" (Japanese girls illusion team) is performing trouble illusion now.
(I ordered this illusion for them)

I felt not to be magical from the fixed angle.
it is similar to Bryce Screen illusion.

You should turn it around at the effective timing.
and show it from varies angles.
I think that it's very important for this illusion.
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
What about the qulity were you satesfied after thr waiting period for the money and the time you had to wait or not
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Kh-magus, do you have any photos you can share?
It's all in the reflexes.
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
Dahih,
The quality of the product is almost perfect.
But, I think that it is a difficult illusion that show magical.
We are looking for the presentation to enhance the illusion.

Illucifer,
http://www.spellbound.co.jp/dg.mov
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

Ring on Glass Stem
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Thanks a million I think I understand what you are talking about maybe its the type of illusion that better presented witha storyline , but the illusion looks very beautifull I liked the sudden fall of the block very good job .elias
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Seeing a real incarnation of this clinches (for me, anyway) what I said earlier in this thread; Summers should have trusted Jim's design from the book. His approach is not an improvement, in my opinion.
Craig Dickens
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickens
I have to ask--did you read the description and routine in Jim's book "Technique and Understanding" before ordering this effect? It is not a throw-away, flash illusion. It is intended to be talked through and sold like the Wakeling Sawing. The idea is to emphasize the tightness of the confine as the girl enters and to slice off a section at a time pivoting the box as you go and thus showing the impossibility of it. This is elegantly explained in the books routine. I find the prop to be very deceptive, but it is only a tool. It is up to the performer to present it to it's best effect.
e-mail at:magicaldickens@aol.com
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I think that the presentation should do something withthe zigzag formation of the illusion and should emphetize the impossibility of the final (climax) configeration of the illusion I don't know if I like the speakers design but I cant argue the creativity of it , thanks again for the video .
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Performing that illusion with the all white backdrop also killed it, in my opinion.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Scott is right. It was a favor for the illusion to be presented in front of a white backdrop.
Concerning the speaker design, it is indeed a great idea, but who has already seen a double speaker (front and back design is the same). That was the second thing that "shocked" me in the video.

Oliver.
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
Craig,
You are right!
I know the meaning which you said.
and Of course I read his book. (I have TWO "Technique and Understanding")
They(Primavera) should have shown this illusion carefully step by step.

However, Many people (various fields) are concerned with this project.
and Primavera are not only magicians but also they are singers, too.
First, the song and music were most important.
and, we gave priority to that tempo.
But, that isn't successful.
We will try being compatible with their dance and the process of the illusion.

Oliver,
Double side speakers is not exist as well as a speaker to work without cables.
It was easier to make the rear design than to make the front.

but we discussed it hard. and we stopped pursuing reality on this illusion.
The appearance of the speaker is just a metaphor.

It is the image which two speakers were put, back to back.
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

Ring on Glass Stem
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I wasn't addressing the speaker aesthetic choice, but rather the table design. Jim's design is much better tan what Summers has chosen to do, in my opinion.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Looks like a fun illusion to me. Looks deceptive enough.