The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: This is Heavy by Jay Mattioli (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I did a school show for 250 today and this played so well for me.

My variation: I used 8 students. I had one "stand guard: he remained standing on the first step throughout the routine. And the other seven were the ones who took turns picking up the box. I thought this would increase the number of volunteers and increase the entertainment value. I had the entire audience hypnotize five of the students by saying a couple of words and wiggling their fingers continuously towards them. The other two were protected from the effects of the hypnosis by having them turn around during the hypnosis (I had bought some oversized, funky sunglasses at Party City but I accidentally left them behind in the room I used to set up, argh). The two smallest volunteers were able to pick up the box. At the end, I had the audience break the hypnosis and each student was able to pick up the box.

This is worth every bit the money I payed for it.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, Jimmy Joza wrote:
I did a school show for 250 today and this played so well for me.

My variation: I used 8 students. I had one "stand guard: he remained standing on the first step throughout the routine. And the other seven were the ones who took turns picking up the box. I thought this would increase the number of volunteers and increase the entertainment value. I had the entire audience hypnotize five of the students by saying a couple of words and wiggling their fingers continuously towards them. The other two were protected from the effects of the hypnosis by having them turn around during the hypnosis (I had bought some oversized, funky sunglasses at Party City but I accidentally left them behind in the room I used to set up, argh). The two smallest volunteers were able to pick up the box. At the end, I had the audience break the hypnosis and each student was able to pick up the box.

This is worth every bit the money I payed for it.

Jimmy

That is a great idea Jimmy! Can I use that, too? That "stand guard" is a good move and less obvious! I think that guard could be wearing a "smart alec or negative looking mask" or a police hat or costume to enhance his role. On another note, I could use my cable puppet mask on him so he can shout funny comments. Also, more volunteers seem more fun! Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Feel free to use, Lou. My initial idea was to dress up the person standing guard but I didn't do it as I could not decide on how to dress them up (I want something a little humorous). You just have to make sure to select someone who is not fidgety and that they are aware they will be standing there for a few minutes.

Let us know of any other variations you might come up with.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I got one of the early ones of these when Jay was just making it.
Used it 100 times so far and I am SUPER pleased with this....Jay is a performer who understands the needs of a performer and its clear in the way he builds and creates. bravo--
He's smart and I can't say enough good things about his product.
j
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Where we can found this product at the moment? direct from Jay?
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, bertolla wrote:
Where we can found this product at the moment? direct from Jay?

Here you go.
http://www.jaymattioli.com/#!blank/c9wx
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Thanks Eldon! I was not sure if this was still in the shop. but yes Smile
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I just found this thread and realize the posts were back in 2015, but will the inner workings that make it work last forever or could it go bad over time.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
332 Posts

Profile of TomB
I do not own it, but have contemplated building my own.

I imagine any secret sauce can go bad and can be easily replaced. The internal structure is probably decent if kept in the right storage. The step ladder is probably the unit that needs the most care to not get damaged. The cardboard box can always have new stickers to dress it up as long as it's not ripped.
dtrickys
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dtrickys
Can someone tell me what is the weight of the box? I need to know what is the weight of the box 📦 . It's looking very light.
dtrickys
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dtrickys
Someone can help with good routine ?