The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Dan Summers offering Steinmeyer's "Trouble" illusion (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jimbomona
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of jimbomona
I think the table in the book is a better design than the one in the video. Someone order one from Craig so we can see it Smile
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Ok jimbomona. Please be an exemple for all of us and be the first to order one. LOL. Smile

Oliver.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 19:08, Rolf Reiner wrote:
The video seems to be offline now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtU_Z1S5mso
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Tell you what... I'LL BUILD IT!

I'm thinking about making much of the illusion from Dibond, but I'm open to suggestions as to construction materials, hinges, etc.

Also, if you have any ideas about changes you think might improve the effect, please let me know. I'm not guaranteeing that I will incorporate them, but I am willing to listen.
Marcus.magic
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Marcus.magic
EsnRedshirt Yes I agree whit you but .........
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I always like to watch how Jim continues to advance a design ie. Modern Art. This one reminded me very much of his Girl in Puzzle. I definately think this is a "talk through" illusion though.

B
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Could blades be added to this? It reminds me of Little by Little, another bladeless illusion. It doesn't quite make it as amazing without them. It's kinda like a cake without frosting.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Little By Little in most of the presentations I have seen uses blades. Are you thinking of another illusion?

B
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
In the Harbin book, Little by Little uses blades...
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Oh OK-

I'm thinking of bits and pieces. Sometimes, a blade of some sort is used to cut, but its not the dividing kind that stay inside the box.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Trouble, as written by Jim, does use a blade. A large knife is used to "slice" the pieces, like a loaf of bread.
It's all in the reflexes.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

With the blade and a script, I think it would be very effective. But then, of course, it would depend on the presenter.

B
halewyn
View Profile
New user
Lille, France
71 Posts

Profile of halewyn
You prefer "trouble" or girl in a puzzle" ?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3662 Posts

Hmmmmm......I think at the present I prefer the puzzle, but until I see a "proper" presentation of Trouble I would not disregard it.

B
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 18:13, Craig Dickens wrote:
Last year I had hoped to have time to build one on spec, but got sidetracked with real orders and the development of my own, soon to be released new illusion. At this point, unless actually commissioned by someone, it is unlikely I would build one.

what a shame to hear this Smile

Craig, I am a great admirer of your work and I am quite sure you would have built a great device.

Wish you Best luck with your new illusion!!
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
Still no video of "Troubled" available anywhere online... (at least from my searches)

I wonder if one has been built and performed anywhere yet? Smile
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
JoeC I have heard rumours that there will be a video of it really soon, performed by Mark and Jinger Kalin. Can't wait to see that!!
I really hope that Trouble will become an answer for that good old Origami Illusion. The next time I hear someone tell a story about the ancient way of paperfolding translated into an illusion I start screaming and pulling my hairs out. That one is dead. Time for Trouble!
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
Quote:
On 2010-10-16 06:27, MagicErik wrote:
JoeC I have heard rumours that there will be a video of it really soon, performed by Mark and Jinger Kalin. Can't wait to see that!!
I really hope that Trouble will become an answer for that good old Origami Illusion. The next time I hear someone tell a story about the ancient way of paperfolding translated into an illusion I start screaming and pulling my hairs out. That one is dead. Time for Trouble!

MagicErik thanks for the update.

Appreciated...
MagicErik
View Profile
Loyal user
Sneek, Netherlands
284 Posts

Profile of MagicErik
Still no vid..... Smile
They are already for sale second hand over here....
I really want to see a good performance of this illusion....
GRMAGIC
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of GRMAGIC
I am looking to possibly purchase a Trouble illusion has anyone seen a video of this yet?