The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: First watch steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
I had practiced for about a month on my leather band watch steal. my mother is a real heckler and always trys to bash my effects. I put a different bill in each of her hands and the the whole "they're going to switch places" bit while taking her watch. so I had it unhooked, just pressed against her wrist with my hand and when I went to pull it off I dropped it. but guess what, SHE didn't HEAR, even thought it made a loud thud. so I just pick it up later for an awsome reveal.
magicreza
View Profile
Regular user
USA
126 Posts

Profile of magicreza
Ooohh....careful there. People aren't as impressed if you give them their watch back broken. Smile
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
LOL well at least it was on your mother and not a spectator....LOL
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Good Job! wow, someday I hope to learn watchstealing.

Mike
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
Lucky this time, but be careful. I mean, try not to break any of them Smile
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Congratulations on a successful steal!

Luckily I haven't broken any watches yet. One time I thought I broke a band but they said the band was ripped already.

The hardest thing for me to master while doing the watch steal is to ignore the feeling that I've been caught. You know, they'll give you a look. Maybe look at there hand and you'd swear they probably know you're taking there watch. But that usually isn't the case. So if you feel they've caught on to you, keep going at it. They just might not have a clue.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I love watch steals, it is one of the only effects that still gives me a rush. That feeling when you are not sure a trick is going to go smoothly, then does. Because every watch is different, you may come across a deceptive band. Some expensive watches have a strap that looks like a regular leather strap. But has some kind of catch underneath instead. There are buttons on some expanding clasps now, or double exanders. It feesl like guerilla warfare, rather than a planned attack. And when the watch is off and in my shoe ready for the reveal, I get that kinda warm headrush where you are trying not to smile. Smile

Keep going levitatingace just be confident and all should go well. Keeping eye contact is your best weapon.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Many years ago Circus Tihany was opening in Houston, TX and I was one of the house magicians at the Magic Island. Just before I had to get to the Island for work, I was asked to perform some strolling magic outside the big top for the media and other patrons during the late afternoon before they entered for Tihany's premiere performance in the U.S. I had practiced the watch steal but it was at that outing that I first actually did it. I remember it as if it was yesterday. I agree with hackmonkey...what a rush. My first time at watch stealing was almost a better rush than my first time at another pleasurable experience Smile

Regretably, I have not performed it since because I'm afraid it won't be as good as the first time. Smile

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
Thanks for your comments