The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: Feeling of accomplishment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
Well, I had done a couple shows a few years back for a middle school which was (I think) a good learning experience. Overall everything worked out but man was I a nervous wreck by the time the show was over. Most blank responses and a few challenges was all the reaction I could get out of them. I felt like I was up there with nothing to say to back up was I was trying to show them. After I went home and thought about it, I was only trying to show them a magic trick with minimal reason behind what I was doing. Since then I have spent countless hours practicing and going over what would have made my TRICKS any better. THAT'S IT!! I had no patter to go with what I was doing. Finally last night I had got up the nerve to try a small bit at the Mystic Magicians meeting (This is only my second meeting). I knew what trick I wanted to do but once again I had minimal patter to go with my new trick. On the way home from work I had thought about what I would say and BAM!!! It hit me like a rock on the head. I had the perfect routine. I finally got home and told my wife I had a comedy routine I was going to do. On my way out the door to the meeting she looked at me and said " But your not funny". Well I am a pretty serious guy but I was determined to change my character to play the part I needed to get a laugh. Right after the meeting portion of the night we went into performances from the guys & girls who wanted to do a trick. I was the fourth one up. All I can say is the whole first 2 min of my act was a riot. I had everyone in the palm of my hand for that one moment. They all came over after all the performances were done and said what a great job I did and asked me if I was interested in joining the club. All I can say is the whole way home I had a huge smile on my face with the feeling of accomplishment. I've learned the magic is in the performance.

Jeremy
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Nothing better than a routine working out in front of the audience, hope you have many more such experiences.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Like integrity magic is not something you can steal. But when it's yours, own it.

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com