The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: Pure Kentonism Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
Hello all,

I have recently re-read 'Kentonism' by Kenton Knepper and am interested in the 'Pure Kentonism' form of 'Kentonism'. I have only played with this idea a little and would like to hear of any of your experiences in performing this and any comments you may have about this effect.

“You write down ideas you are trying to send telepathically to people who cannot see what you have written. Then you have them act out whatever comes to their mind when you snap your fingers or clap your hands. They do. Amazingly, most people act on exactly what you have written down and are attempting to project to these people.” - Kenton Knepper from ‘Kentonism’

I tried it on a friend the other day. I choose random words with some of them or all of them possibly being based on real intuition or what I thought would be likely actions.

I got a pack of cards out of my pocket still in their box and put them on his bed as I got ready to write down some 'projection' words.

He picked up the deck and trying to hide what he was doing tipped all the cards out of the box onto the floor before I had time to write more than one word and after I had written the word 'up'. He knew I wouldn't like him dropping them all on the floor and said along the lines of "I will pick them up".

He picked them up and the next word I wrote down before he acted was 'again'. What followed was the noise of the cards hitting the floor as he did the same action again. I showed him this second 'projection' word.

The next word that I wrote was 'difference' thinking he would do a different action next. After I had written this ‘projection’ and a few others he was jokingly commenting as to what he should do. I then explained that I knew he would do something different this time and that this showed in the comments he was making.

He responded to my comment about the ‘projection’ of the word ‘difference’ by getting up off the bed he was on and backing away from me across his room mocking this 'projection'. The next word that was already written on my list was 'away'.

I wrote about seven words in all and one of the words I had written in addition to the ones mentioned was 'break' this matched as he ripped up the paper with the 'projections' on after being able to see all the 'projections'. I commented that he had broken the piece of paper and in doing so had broken (ended) the game.

Fraser Parker.