The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: He had a better "line" than me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Kids, you gotta love 'em!

At the end of my Linking ring routine, I use a bit as performed by Bob Higgins in NH. I link all the rings on to one ring. I added a simple little line, “Now that’s entertainment!” as I triumphantly spin the all rings on the one ring. However, just before that final display, (with all the rings linked onto one) I try to link them in a fast, haphazard, chaotic manner. I show the all the rings in a random mess and it appears as though it hasn’t quite worked out. Then, all the rings drop and hang on the “one”, and all is well! And as I said before, I triumphantly spin all the rings on the one ring and say, “Now that’s entertainment!”

Once upon a time… (To make a long story short) During a show, I was performing the linking rings. At the part when all the rings are a mess and it looks like something didn’t work. A little boy (5 years old) said, “SOMUCH FOR THAT ENTERTAINMENT!” I kid you not! Keep in mind; my VERY next line, (when the rings fall and link) would have been; “Now that’s entertainment!”

This of course made the audience laugh. No one was laughing has hard as me! I couldn’t believe he said that. I wasn’t performing a local show; he must have seen me before? (Or another magician?) I then tried to explain to the audience why I was laughing so hard. Which was hard to do, (As it is now). Perhaps it was only really funny to me? One of those “you had to be there” moments… Well, I was there and the boy, he was a hit!

After the show I asked him, “Have you ever seen my show before?” He said no. His mother told me I was the first magician he had ever seen.

So, where did he pull that out of? Kids, they sure say the darnest things!
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
49 views... zero replies. I guess I set a new record?
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I guess you left everyone speechless.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
That is like real esp mind reading...or a really odd coincidence. magic mike
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
A definite candidate for the Mind Reading For Kids camp.
The Doctor Knows.....
poprocz
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of poprocz
One of those "You had to be there" kinda things but it did put a smile on my face.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Audiences are often great sources for material.

When I worked at Medieval Times, I performed a routine with two different denominations of bills and, as I folded up one, I said, "This is kind of like origami... but with two bills." and a lady in the crowd piped up with:

"You mean we're going to have a MULTIPLE ORIGAMI?"

It stopped the show.

I also asked permission to use the line, which she graciously granted.

It doesn't get better than that, folks!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"