The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Magicians on TV Specials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I was wondering if anyone here has a list of the magicians and the magic they performed on television specials such as Worlds Greatest Magic, Champions of Magic, etc. Or if you know of a website that would have that info. That would be helpful to me and many other people as well I'm sure. Thanks!
Justin Smile
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Somebody said the "Portal" effect was overhyped. I just want to ask you, have you ever seen it live? I nearly dropped my teeth when I saw it live. That was before I'd even seen the TV version. I thought the live version was much better. It seemed like he even collected more evidence. And it seemed to last a while longer. Plus, he reappears right in the middle of the audience, and he reappeared very close to where we were sitting. I saw him the second before he stepped up and spread his arms out. It was awesome.

Justin, I could tell you just about everybody on the World's Greatest Magic shows , if you wanted me to make you a list. It might take a while, though. Just let me know which one(s) you want, and I'll give it a shot.
Smile
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I've was able to see the "Portal" effect live and it was ok. But definitely overhyped. DC's acting skills in interacting with the previously recorded bits of the video were well done, but not completely convincing.

He appeared directly behind me which was kind of cool. His smaller effects "like the water goblet goldfish production" actually got a much better reaction than "portal" did...

The handling live seemed just a *tad* different from the tv version. Which didn't surprise me since I read somewhere where DC said he used differing methods sometimes. *or perhaps just slight variations, who knows*

I wouuld have much rather have seen "flying"...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Enigma3613
View Profile
New user
California
61 Posts

Profile of Enigma3613
I thought DC's Portal illusion was great! I saw it live first and then on TV. The only thing that I liked better about the TV special was that I got to see some of the illusions that DC didn't do when I saw him live (Voyuer & Uncle Morty and Aunt Ida).

About the magic lists, try searching the magic ring connected with

Allisonsbackstage.com and Welcometotheunderground.com

Best of Luck!
- Robert Doidge