The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Who was Harry M. Levine ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Turing
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Turing
Hello,

last year I finally managed to get a copy of Hilliard's 'Greater Magic' from 1938. The book is in a pretty mediocre shape but I'm glad to have it. What's more interesting are several address stamps in the book, where you can read:
Harry M. Levine
820 SO. HOLLYBROOK DR. APT. #304
PEMBROKE PINES FLÄ. 33025

It seems the previous ownwer was Harry M. Levine. I assume it is the Mr. Levine who invented the 'Hurricane Change'. There are several handwritten annotations of Mr. Levine in the book and a piece of paper with annotations to a magic square. As I found verry little information on the net about him (see here: https://geniimagazine.com/wiki/index.php......_Levine) I wanted to ask if someone (maybe some of the older guys ?)can tell me a little bit more about the life and work of Mr. Levine.

Greetings from Germany
Marcus
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, Turing wrote:
I assume it is the Mr. Levine who invented the 'Hurricane Change'.

Marcus

Two different people. I grew up with the Harry Levine who invented the Hurricane Change. He was born around 1963 in the Boston area of Massachusetts. His contributions are in the 1980s-1990s in the magic literature, then he vanished.

Tony