The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Siegfried & Roy will be replaced by a Cirque de Soleil production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
It was reported today that Siegfried and Roy's show at The Mirage will most likely be replaced by a new production from Cirque de Soleil. It will be their usual acrobatic stuff, but this show is dedicated to the music of the Beatles.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear this. These "circus" shows are great, but there are like eight of them already in Vegas. I'd rather see something else; especially replacing Siegfried and Roy. Oh well.
Believe In Magic....I do!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Cirque de Soleil is wonderful! I am not a huge fan of watching Siegfried and Roy dance around with their tigers.

The Cirque is pure entertainment and I love every minute of this. This makes me happy. Thanks for posting.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Aren't there already two circuses in town? I think the Belagio has "O" which is a water-based show, and someone else has the regular circus. I would think that's enough, even for Vegas. Hmmm.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Quote:
On 2004-01-30 09:20, paraguppie wrote:
Aren't there already two circuses in town? I think the Belagio has "O" which is a water-based show, and someone else has the regular circus. I would think that's enough, even for Vegas. Hmmm.

Keith

There are three shows: O at Bellagio, Mystere at TI (formerly Treasure Island), and Zumanity at New York, New York. Cirque has been recruiting for a fourth Vegas show for a few months.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Yes, there are a lot of them out there already, that's why I am disappointed they are replacing S & R with another one. I agree that they are great shows, but I would prefer to see someone/something else replace Siegfried and Roy.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
MGM is also slated for a Cirque show.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Not to mention the fact that I have always felt they aren't a circus at all...but that's another story.

If Vegas is or was becoming the "Magic Mecca", it seems to me they should put another magic show in place of S&R.

Maybe a magicians' showcase?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
majimagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of majimagic
There is only 9 in the world I think 4 perminate 3 in vegas 1 in orlando 5 touring shows. the are pretty good
davidcarlo
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of davidcarlo
They'll put in whatever they believe can make more money. Reverting to another cirque show does not a make a strong statement about the current state of magic as a mass entertainment form.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Well let's face it; the only other magician out there that can draw the audience that S&R did is David Copperfield. In fact, I heard that they approached him (I could be wrong on that. You know how rumors go around). He's happy touring though. I can't think of any other magic act that could fill the shoes left behind by Siegfried and Roy. I wish the Mirage success, for loosing S&R was a huge 'injury' on their part.

On a good note, I have heard that Roy is now able to walk a few steps on his own. This is great news, and I know that only success will follow in Roy's recovery!