The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Michael Carbonaro - The Carbonaro Effect (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Hey Guys,

This new tevision show looks pretty awesome.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Michael Carbonaro comes off as being a very helpful employee at various businesses and he doesn't tell the public that he is a magician. From getting a cockroach out of a mans cell phone, to pouring around five beers out of a 12 ounce beer bottle he explains why these crazy things happen that have nothing to do with magic. Cell phones can get tiny bugs in them because they are attracted to the vibration of the phone, to the beer is condensed in the bottle. The amazing thing is that he gets people to believe him. This is really an entertaining show on TRU-TV.

I liked Carbonaro when he was a recurring guest on the Jay Leno show and he worked at convenience stores and fooled people in a very innocent way. He has a great personality and I hope the show is a big success!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The previews look fantastic!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1359 Posts

Profile of danfreed
There are some clips of this you can watch. It looks pretty good. He is doing some of the same tricks I do already, such as Clarity box and self-tying shoelaces,which is pretty funny to me.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
This is going to be a great show! We are shooting 13 episodes and have lots of great bits lined up.
Can't wait to see what everyone thinks. We have worked really hard on this project and developed
some really clever and funny stuff.

Chad
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
331 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
You can download a free episode on iTunes! Can't wait to see the rest of the season. Smile
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
We just wrapped up shooting on Friday! First episode airs on May 15th!!!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm looking forward to this. I know similar concepts have been tried before. Maybe this will be the one to do it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Watching the first show now and must say this is a treat, wish it was on a major network!! The reactions on some of the victims is priceless!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I find your use of the word "victims" in lieu of "spectators" quite interesting.

When Sankey put out his "bending the Real" project years ago, are thee the kind of things he was talking about? Is the show about the ultimate bending the real?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Excellent show. Nice job.

Congrats to all involved.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Thanks Bob!
We worked really hard for over 10 straight weeks with no days off to film these 13 episodes.
Fooling the people live and not using any stooges or actors was priority #1 for us. I know
that for some effects that we will be accused of that anyway. But I can guarantee 100% that
none of the people knew they were going to be on tv when they got up that morning.

I am very proud of the fact that we took existing magical items from the market and were able
to give them life in a regular everyday setting. And as well we designed some very clever new
tricks like the personalized wine bottle that the lady won, and the decoy that turned into a
real duck without using a box or any cover of any kind!

The best part is I know whats coming up next and I think it only gets better from here!
aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
I'm really enjoying this show. Reactions are awesome. It was good to see a couple "guest" appearances of David Regal and Johnny Thompson last night.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I' m living in a household right now where everyone wants to watch something else, so I'm reluctantly missing the show.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I enjoy the use of the term "every day setting" when a second unit is involved LOL.

That not withstanding good luck with it. If it is done less "television" than the preceding offerings from other shows it is a winner in my book.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Isn't what he's doing on this show essentially what Sankey referred to as "bending the real"? Smile
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
In a sense this is like Sankeys BTR. We create effets and match them to locations and put Michael in a position to work his magic with real people. For instance, Astro Laces. Its obviously a marketed effect by Jay Noblezada. But if you create a branded product, "Astro Laces", and demo it at a store as a new product, people will buy into it a real thing. that's where Michael is king. He has the ability to make people believe almost anything! And watching it first hand is inspirational.

Everything in the show is based on the idea that the person watching it live, has to be able to believe it. that's the really challenging part. Creating the stories to go with the effects. David Regal is a genius in that department. As the show progresses you will see some fantastic uses of magic tricks you probably have at home. But we repackaged them to make them believable in an everyday situation. While grocery shopping, ordering coffee, out to dinner, etc.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Love the concept!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
This is an excellent premise! Loved the first episode.
I've been doing & studying magic for 40 years & I can't figure out how some stuff is accomplished on the show.

Chad & girl's photo ID - Michael into the trunk - even the Vortex mailing system.

Great work guys!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I finally got to see it, and I'm wowed. I saw the episode with the multum in parvo beer glasses, and the mirror box mice production. I really enjoyed this. I wish Michael great success. He may very well be the Doug Henning of our generation.