The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Allan Hayden on Travel Channel :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Here's an announcement to all magicians:

My good friend Allan Hayden (Professional Tricky Person) will be on TV Monday April 15 at 7 pm and 10 pm PST and Saturday, April 20 @ 4 pm

He will be on the Travel Channel in a special called "Magic in the Streets."

If you have never seen Allan, watch this special. Allan is an expert at card magic, very funny, and has been performing for decades, and, I have always been proud to say that Allan is my friend.

John Cesta
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey John. I really liked his performance on the tv special. I am amazed at his card ability. Truly a great among them. Smile Tell him congrats on the tv spot for me.
Brian
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
I got to see most of the special by accident. Never expected Magic on the Travel Channel, but there you go.

Personally I think this was one of the best magic shows I've seen on TV: multiple name brand performers working close up with a live audience...as a consequence you got to see some improv work when things weren't quite perfect. Wish I had taped it, and will do so if I get to see it again. My wife (who is somewhat jaded after 20+ years of magic/magicians) even enjoyed it and I enjoyed her reactions as much as the magic itself. Best of all, no cheesy "teach a trick to the audience" with "celebrity" spectators.

Did Johnny Ace Palmer do the cups and balls at the beginning? I saw it on the promo during the show, but never saw him do it...

Saw Allan work many years ago at the IBM Ring 50 in D.C. and attended his "pre-flight" lecture before one of his first lecture tours. He's aged considerably since then, but fortunately, I of course have not <S>... My favorite impromptu effect to this day is my handling of his 4 coins across.

tr
Smile
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I talked to Mike Ammar last night through email, He didn't even know when the special was coming on. So he was surprised it came on early. He only filmed it last November. Smile I really liked Mike and Allen's presentations. It was quite the treat! Smile Smile
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1790 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
On again 04/20 7 eastern time