The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Mad scientist Tv Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
foxygrandma908
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of foxygrandma908
I'm not sure this is the right spot to post this but...When I was a young boy there was a magician who did like comedy magic and he was dressed up like a scientist. I think he had red hair and wore green pants. Does any one know his name? or what I am even talking about?
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Smith
Perhaps you are thinking of Rudy Coby, known as "Labman" on his two FOX specials from around 1995. Exactly when were you a young boy?
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Beaker?
foxygrandma908
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of foxygrandma908
Yes Rudy Coby is him. thanks a lot!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
By the way...Andi, "Beaker" was one of the Muppets. You're thinking of "Beakman", possibly. Beaker never did anything but get blown up on each episode of the Muppet Show.

Steve
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
I'm familiar with Labman and Beaker, who is Beakman?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Beakman was a TV show with a scientist who taught things and explained things. Like a more cartoony (but still live-action) fashion than Bill Nye The Science Guy. There was also a comic strip in the newspapers with Beakman & Jax (I think that was the girl's name)...there was also a large rat involved in the show somehow.

I think the actualy name of the show was "Beakman's World". Originally was in the late 80s, but another version was out more recently.

Steve
Mike Ross
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
61 Posts

Profile of Mike Ross
David Acer does Mystery Hunters, even though that's kind of off topic.
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Is there in the meantime a DVD of Rudy Coby's performances and TV-specials available - couldn't find one yet?
To infinity, and beyond!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think Max Maven had a kids' science show too.
That's where I learned about those paper circle thingies, dang it what were they called...? Where you cut down the middle and cut it in half but it doesn't cut in half... That's going to bug me all day... I know what they are called, I just can't think of it...
Möbius strip!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers