The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Illusions at Illusions -- show review (Alexandria, VA) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
My wife and I went to see Geo (magic by Geo) perform last night at the Illusions Thai Restaurant. He did a stage type show.

The effects he did were realy well done. My wife has seen a lot of magic from me, but most of the effects were new to her (and many new to me as well). His card handling skills are great.

I have to say I wouldn't want to perform in that venue for the crowd that was there last night. First, the sound system wasn't very good, or at least not well set up. The background music drowned out his voice.
There were a couple of tables in the back of the room that were really loud and rude.

Still, for those of us who were there for the show, it was a good one.

He does this show every other Friday at 8 PM.

Best,
Jim
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Thanks for coming to the show Jim! I think Illusions Thai Café is a cool looking venue, and has a magical ambience. I feel very fortunate that the owner, K.C. has chosen to showcase live magic and given me this wonderful opportunity. This sort of ongoing dinner theatre style magic show is really almost unheard of outside of NYC or Las Vegas. He doesn't have the budget to hire an engineer to supervise the soundboard so he's been learning as he goes along. Every show gets a little bit better. Inevitably some people will come to the restuarant who aren't there for the show, some nights are better than others.