The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: RIP Roy Walton (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Just read a tweet from Jerry Sadowitz that legend magician/creator Roy Walton has passed away...

https://twitter.com/RealJSadowitz/status/1224659645425442816
Quote:
Very upset to hear that my friend and hero Roy Walton has died. The greatest card magician and the most exemplary human being I ever knew. Real giants move quietly among us and this one managed Tam Shepherd's Joke Shop in Glasgow for fifty years. Devastated.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Terrible news. Rest in Peace Roy.
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Many happy memories of visiting Tam Shepherd's as a lad with my mum, and getting a smile and a wink from Roy as he would demonstrate tricks for me. I still use the colour monte set and hardback copy of Royal Road I bought from him nearly 30 years ago. A true gentleman.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
429 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
One of the greatest magicians ever. A real gentlemen and a genius. It's a very sad day.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
81 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
A sad day for card magic and everyone who follows his work. Condolences to his family and friends.
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

You need to read FITZKEE
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
kenny kadabra
View Profile
Elite user
scotland
450 Posts

Profile of kenny kadabra
Our friend and master of the cards , Mr Roy Walton passed away today...as a Glaswegian and a card worker, he will be sorely missed!!!! He taught me my first double lift in his shop ( Tan Shepherds) , and I still use it till this day!@ 30 years later..Goodbye Roy, x
Magic ain't an illusion ! it's a "way of life"
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
A true genius, a kind, giving man, and a foundational magic thinker. He will be missed, but his contributions to magic are immortal.

RIP Roy
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
I met Roy in his shop several years ago while on vacation in Glasgow. What a kind and generous man! He showed me several card effects, some not even published. Beautiful stuff! I bought both of his books and he signed them personally to me. The highlight of the entire vacation. Thank you for that Roy.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Sad to hear this. I had the pleasure over the years to play again and again with a few of Roy's wonderful card tricks, and to be once gifted with his brilliant, "The Complete Walton, vol.1," an amazing book. He was a very clever magic creator and card man, and will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. sir.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Oh my goodness, this is just terrible news. I have the complete Walton signed by Roy, purchased from Tam's a few years ago. I was leafing through it only the other day and looked forward to visiting next time I was in Glasgow. RIP to a gent, a scholar, and the finest card magician I ever saw.
Scottish Magic
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Scottish Magic
I was sad to see that Roy was gone. I visited Tam Shepards (sadly only went in once in the 30 years living Glasgow before then) when I just got seriously into magic a few years ago, had a nice chat with Roy and enjoyed some displays of his magic. He sold me a few things including The Royal Road to Card Magic with the advice to work though the book in order and not to skip parts (sound advice). I wish I had taken the dive into magic so much sooner been able to talk to and learn from him with deeper understanding of the art.

Goodbye Roy and thanks for the advice to someone starting out.