The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: STFS :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
A few hours ago strange tasting fish sticks posted what was tantamount to a suicide note here on the Café. Is there anybody here who can get in contact with the guy to make sure he is ok?
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
I saw it too. Anyone know him? He clearly needs help.
Eschew obfuscation
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
He is friends with ponta the smith, maybe he knows how to contact him.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4885 Posts

Profile of gdw
I hope he's ok.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
There was a pretty nasty post on a separate thread, after which a load of people put the boot in. I wish Kevin well, and can only hope he stays clear of this bloody place.
Justin W.
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas
237 Posts

Profile of Justin W.
Unfortunately, it appears Kevin passed away after making the post.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Ive heard that it is too late. Nice work, Caf�, deleting that thread. It was his cry for help. Well done. You ***s.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Almost unbelievable. A tragic waste.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4710 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
If that is true, its horrible and tragic news. How do we know this?
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
What???

I just posted something as to Fish in another string...I had no idea, and I pray that it is not true. Smile

EDIT - Da*n!

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.tejan?fref=ts
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Oh my god, that is unbelievable. I'm very sorry to see this, and my thoughts go out to his family.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I don't think I'm even going to bother hanging around the Café anymore. It's been worthless for quite sometime. I have no respect any longer for anyone that has moderating powers on TMC. This is beyond sick of them to have deleted the thread that was a cry for help.
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
This is really unfortunate!! So sorry to hear this. RIP Kevin.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I don't know what to say.

Really, friends, there was nothing you could have done. The Café, either. I've been down that road. When the pain is too great, there is nothing...NOTHING anyone can do. Blaming the Café is wrong. We are all friends here, yes. But this is not a mental hospital.

This is not the place to bring the horrors of mental illness. This an internet forum for magicians. No matter how much you tried, this still would have happened. Some things just cannot be fixed.

Doug
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2970 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Cop out, Doug. Magicians are human beings. A little enlightenment in that direction could go a long way round these parts, I think.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4885 Posts

Profile of gdw
Doug, there's no guarantee this would have happened, but there's also no guarantee anyone could have stopped it.

However, I do not believe anyone is blaming anyone here for what happened, but they are are likely correct in lashing out at someone for deleting the other thread.

Let's not devolve into anything typical of online bull **** right now.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Cop out? Never though of it like that...yeah, we're human. Problem is, we're HERE. We can't be THERE to be of much help. I agree with ya. I could use a little enlightening. I've been a bit cynical lately. That's wrong. I need to work on it.

I'm alone most of the time. I know no one around here. I can relate to a lot of what STFS stated about this whole thing. Thing is, I LIKE being alone. That's the difference. STFS needed people to be around. To feel he had a purpose. I know the feeling. As I said, been there, done that. Got the T-shirt.

Forgive me, Laurie, if I sound heartless. Didn't mean to come off like that. I'm as confused as the rest of you...

Doug
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2970 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
You don't sound heartless, Doug. I just think people need to pay attention. We can't afford to dismiss so easily, even if, technically, the powers that be are able to do so. The Magic Café can be significant, much as some would like to scoff at the notion.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh...I see. I missed a couple things here. A deleted post. OK, yeah. I'm with ya. Not good when the Café does that. Could have been the tipping point, who knows? He did exactly what he said he'd do, too. Told people. Cripes. I'm sick about this.

I need a break. I really do...
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
So sad to hear that... just after reading the now deleted post, I rushed on FB to see and try to contact some Kevin's family member.. I understand some of his friends reacted and tried to contact him... but too late.

I also believe some member on this forum can be very ashamed now.