The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Ray McKee RIP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
With a heavy heart I pass on this information for those who have been in the business for a long time. Those who dealt with Wheeler Tanner escapes and recieved the Escapism newsletter would be familar with the reknown handcuff collector Ray McKee.

The Passing of Ray McKee
February 21 2013

It is with deep regret and sadness that I relay the passing of Ray McKee. Ray was a long time collector and at one time had one of the most prominent restraint collections in the world. In the mid 1980s Ray sold his collection. During his early years, Ray located and identified some of the rarest items known to the hobby and certainly helped many collectors by passing on his knowledge and expertise.

Additionally Ray was a gifted machinist and made several one of a kind items that were spectacular. In about 2004, Ray decided to start collecting again and was quick to gain the attention of many of us as that darn high bidder on ebay. I personally got to know Ray about seven years ago. It was like opening an encyclopedia of knowledge. When I mentioned a strange cuff or senior collector, Ray always knew what and who I was talking about.

Last year Ray attended the Indy lock show and it was such a treat to meet him personally. Ray was genuinely nice man who loved his family and friends and of course the hobby.

Good bye my friend. You will be missed.

Damon Shields

tributes and stories are being posted at the handcuff forum.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I've been to Rays house several times. Nice guy.
I will miss him.