The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Fund raiser auction for Joe Raven :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
A friend made me aware of the following, so I am passing it along to all our Cafe members for your consideration. Thanks.
:)
---------------------------------------------
AN OPEN LETTER FROM I.B.M. RING #332
( POCONO MOUNTAINS, PA.)

TO ALL FELLOW MAGICIANS
--------------------------------------------

On Saturday, March 23rd, a fellow IBM Ring member was seriously injured in an accident during a performance.

Joe Raven lost all but the little finger on his left hand, and on his right hand the thumb was lost, when a vial of Flash Powder exploded in his hands.

Joe’s specialty was card, coin, and ball manipulation so any fellow magician can truly understand the devastating impact of this tragedy. Especially when you consider that he was scheduled to open a School of Magic in conjunction with the Y.M.C.A. next month. Our ring is completely shocked and saddened by this tragedy.

His spirits are up and Joe vows to continue somehow, but the temporary loss of income and medical Bills are a serious reality. Joe is a semi-pro and his performances counted for a significant part of his income.

He is still in the Hospital and undergoing several surgeries. With a wife and three young children at home, the family is going to need some immediate help. As his fellow ring members, we realized that the funds raised in a local benefit show could never alone be sufficient to help in this serious and urgent situation.

So we are reaching out to all magicians to take a moment to imagine yourself in this situation and to please take immediate action to help out in this matter.

We are not asking for money. A special auction is being set up with magicauction.com in Joe Ravens name.

They have been very generous and are preparing a seperate Joe Raven Fund page. It will be a 30 day, no-minimum-bid auction where all proceeds at the end of the auction going directly to his family.

We are asking all magicians worldwide who would like to contribute, to please donate just one magic item. We all have at least one decent item that is only collecting dust. That item could be put to good use for a truly good cause.

It could be a Trick, Book, Poster or any Prop from off your shelf.
Please ship the item directly to:
ENCHANTED WOODSHOP LTD.
2 GRAND STREET HANCOCK, MD. 21750

Be sure to note that the item is for the Joe Raven Fund.

We are truly hoping and praying for a serious all-out effort throughout the magic community to help a brother in a definite time of need. PLEASE forward this note and attached NEWS ARTICLES to all of your ring members and any other magicians you know.
PLEASE... spread the word and
PLEASE... donate an item for the auction.

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT CANNOT WAIT!

ALL ITEMS MUST BE SENT TO THE AUCTION IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN SET UP THE AUCTION AND GET FUNDS TO THE FAMILY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION,

MEMBERS OF I.B.M. RING 332

Contact Information:

Joe Raven
282 Saw Creek Estates
Bushkill, Pa. 18324

Christine & Joe
Enchanted Woodshop Ltd.
2 Grand Street
Hancock MD 21750

e-mail askraven@chilitech.net
ewshop@nfis.com
magicauction.com
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
This, obviously, has touched hundreds of magicians on the East Coast. I don't know Joe, but I know people who know him. So please bid at the auction site--mainly to help someone deal with a terrible tragedy. There are some good deals there, yes, but you'll feel doubly great by helping someone out. Thanks.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
While I only had one opportunity to meet Joe -- he was competing in the IBM close-up contest in Buffalo and I was a judge -- it didn't take long to realize the depth of his talent.
This horrific accident would spell the end to most people's career's as magicians but Joe plans to move ahead in magic.
Given his ability, he can do nothing but succeed.
I have already sent several sets of my lecture notes (three lectures) to Enchanted Woodshop for inclusion in the auction.
Check out the site; it's well worth it and you'll be helping a truly amazing magician in an hour of need.
(And any of us could be there, but for the grace of God.)
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Truly a devastating accident and we should all do what we can.
Regards The Pianoman.