The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Prayers Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have been reluctant to post this, because it seems I have been asking for a lot from God lately. First of all, my niece was diagnosed with leukemia a few years back, and we were devestated. Thank God she is now in remission! That prayer alone is worth more than I can ever repay!

However, my family has been going through more hard times. My brother and his wife have been having health issues, and while serious, we think they may have caught them in time. So once again, thank God!

Now, here is the biggy: My mother has had 3 major heart attacks since last September. She was given up for dead on the last one which occured back in November. The doctors came to us 3 times wanting to remove the life support, but my Dad refused. He finally got a little angry, and told them something like, "I am not God. I want you to do all you can, but it is in God's hands, and I am not taking her off life support right now." He and Mom had been married over 60 years at that time. (61 now)

Well, long story short, she survived! Mom became famous around the hospital and they started calling her "The Miracle Lady". She came home with us, but she had many problems. In February she went into a coma. We found her unresponsive, with no BP, a heart rate of like 2-3 beats.....then nothing for 15-20 seconds......2-3 beats.....nothing....etc. Paramedics and the ER doctor thought she had had another heart attack, and the prognosis was really bad. The ER doctor even said she was dead when she got there.

However, they finally found that her potassium level was through the roof! They measured it at 8.2! We were told this should have killed her. Some nurses and doctors have told us they never knew of anyone living with a potassium level of 8. Come to find out it was caused by her heart medications, or a virus, or a combination of both. She dehydrated badly and her potassium went crazy.

Thanks to God, she survived once again. She had to stay in the hospital for 8 more days and her kidneys failed, so there were problems. They had to change most of her meds due to her weakened kidneys, and now she is having many new problems. She is a diabetic also, and now that they have switched her meds her glucose level is very erratic. She is retaining a lot of fluid also, and she really has trouble breathing when the fluid gathers.

My Dad is elderly, and he has major problems from a fall from a building some years ago. He does his best to help with Mom, but it is very hard for him. I am trying to help take care of them as best I can. My brother and I try and take turns taking them to the doctor, etc. I live close by them so I have to stay with them a lot.

After all God has done for us, I really don't even feel worthy to ask for anything else, but I really am in need of prayer for my family. Mom and Dad, my brother and his wife, their grand-daughter, me and my wife, my daughter....it seems we have all had our share of health, as well as other problems lately. Mom and Dad really needs strength.

Also, please pray that God will give me the strength I need to care for them. It seems I have no time for anything, and I'm a bundle of nerves. I have had to be put on medication for high blood pressure and other things.

We have always been a close-knit family, and we are people of faith. In fact, I don't know much of anyone with greater faith than my parents. If not for that, we would have never gotten through thus far. I have had to put much of my life on hold. Not that I am complaining about it....in fact I am thankful that I am able to help them. After all, they sacrificed a whole lot for me!

But please, if you think about us, please send up a prayer on our behalf. I have kept pretty silent about all this, but sometimes it helps to let some of it out. I have talked to a few of my magic friends about it, and they have helped me a lot. (Thanks Bob, Wayne, Dave & Gene!) Sometimes just telling someone can do wonders.

Thank you, and God Bless!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Regan,

You got it my friend. I am praying for you right now.

I know what you are going through. I have some of the same situation with my family and my own health with the BP stuff.

David
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Regan!

You wrote:
"After all God has done for us, I really don't even feel worthy to ask for anything else"

NEVER take it upon yourself to decide what is enough or worthy when it comes to God. His mercy is great and remember that He is greater than any and all situations anyone maybe going through.

Your family and you will be in my prayers. Thank you for reaching out to let us know.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I SHALL too...

Piers.UK
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Regan,

You and your family are in our prayers.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thank you all. I mean that from the heart. This has been some of the most trying times of my life. I know things could be worse...much worse.....and that is why I feel guilty. I also don't want to sound like I am complaining. On the contrary, I am actually very, very thankful. I feel God has been so good to me, and yet I am always asking for things. Sometimes I feel it is too much, and I should just be praising God and asking Him for nothing.

Thank you all once again.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Don't feel guilty.
You've be there for many of us.
Now it's your turn...
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is no need to feel guilty. Prayers can help and your family and you are in mine.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thank you Piers and Richard. I surely appreciate the prayers and the encouragement. Sometimes when you become overwhelmed you have to have somewhere to turn.
Mister Mystery
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Thought farmer
You and your family are in my thoughts at this time.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1246 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Regan...

Hang in there...you and your family are in my prayers tonight. Remember to take care of yourself. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do...

Ken
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Regan,

I just causght this thread, and I'm so sorry you and your family are having to endure these things. I have already said a prayer for you.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Farmer, Ken, and Michael. I really appreciate everyone's prayers.
Mister Mystery
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Regan, how are things? I'm about to contact a very powerful prayer group. Do you have anything you want me to add? The Prayer Warriors await.

Doug
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Regan, my thoughts and prayers are on their way to you and your family. Stay strong. God will get you through this.
punxtron12
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of punxtron12
I'm praying for you at this present moment .
Keep a hold of your strong faith .
mstgracy
View Profile
Regular user
United States
139 Posts

Profile of mstgracy
I am praying for you as well.

Kyle