The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: "Cousin" Cliff Holman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Alabama entertainment legend, "Cousin" Cliff Holman is gravely ill, and your thoughts and prayers for him and his family would be greatly appreciated.

Read this article in the Birmingham News.

Letters of encouragement can be sent to:

Cliff Holman
841 Spur Track Ln
Guntersville, AL 35976
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I met Cousin Cliff years ago. That story is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful, loved man.

Steve
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Cousin Cliff is much more than a member of my magic club (IBM Ring 35 in Birmingham, Alabama). He is an institution!

He has stood the real tests of time. He is the one people remember.

My venture into the world of professional entertainment started a half century ago. With Paramount and others, I had the good fortune of working with the current movie stars, recording artists, TV personalities, variety acts and others entertaining all over the country. It has been years since anyone asked about any of the movie stars, recording artists, song writers, etc. by name. Many are dead but most are at least forgotten. Public interest in them has faded.

Still today, when I am on the road performing or lecturing, even in New York, Florida, Ohio, New Orleans, or in the Ozarks; and people learn that my home is Alabama, they ask about Cousin Cliff Holman! It is a well-known name in the entertainment industry. The recall is unbelievably high.

That is a legacy few have. It is a definite mark of achievement, encouragement and honor.

Thank you, Cousin Cliff!

And thank you too, Ann! We all know that you are the best buddy our buddy Cliff ever had. Keep on, keeping on.

God Bless You!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Ring 35, President
Birmingham, Alabama
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Whenever I am able to visit the Birmingham Ring, everyone asks about Gene Grant. Whenever I return to the Jackson Ring, folks want to know how "Cousin Cliff" is doing. Oh, to become an institution...I hate to hear this news. I'll be praying for him.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
I was one of Cliff's "kids" on his tv show back in the 60's....in fact, I got my initial interest in magic from seeing him perform. I bet there are a lot of magicians out there that were inspired by him. If the word "institution" ever described someone, it would definitely be "Cousin Cliff." My thoughts & prayers are with him & Ann.