The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Prestidigitators and All Sleight of Hand Artists - Please Unite for the Great Barry Price! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jennini
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jennini
Greetings and Happy New Year to Everyone doing Wondrous things out there!
My name is Jennifer Price and I am the daughter of Barry M. Price, the great sleight of hand artist and magician extraordinaire. He has recently suffered from a brain stem stroke that has rendered him all but barely conscious. He can open and close his eyes and we believe he hears, understands and tries to repond, but nothing more. The life blood that were his hands and arms have become paralyzed (hopefully just temporarily, in addition to the rest of his body). If there is anyone out there who would like to send an email message to him through me that can be read (or performed Smile) or sung or danced to for him - I believe that would mean the world to him. He has spent over 40 years of his life dedicating himself to the world of sleight of hand and to his students. If any of you are even remotely familiar with who he is, the products he produces or even if not - a sense of support from this magnificent community would help sooo much. I am truly convinced he needs to hear from you!!
Furthermore, if you are interested in visiting him, please contact me directly. He is currently in a hospital in Garden Grove, California but may be moving to a facility in Southern Orange County (Mission Viejo or Laguna Beach) shortly. I appreciate everyone's energy and thoughts in advance. A Very Happy New Year to You All.
My email address is jennifereden.price@gmail.com or jpg@freeboundaries.com. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Very best wishes and here's to a great 2008!
~Jennifer Price~
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
We'll keep your father and your family in our prayers.

Is Barry a member of the local (John Fedko) IBM Ring?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9542 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, our prayers are sent toward your dad and family at this time. A lot of strong magic coming his way.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
Our thoughts and prayers are also with you and yours in this trying time
Bill
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Sorry to hear this ...Hope things get better ,our thoughts are with you.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
John T
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of John T
Hi Jennifer.

I took private lessons from your dad a few years back. It's been awhile since I've seen him and he's been on my mind lately. I was very sad to see this post and I hope that he's doing well. Please send regards from me and from my son Robert.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Just wanted to let everyone know, it was reported that Barry Price did, in fact, pass away. Here is what was posted on the Genii forum.

With a heavy heart, I write to let the World of Magic know that my wonderful father, Barry Price, student of Dai Vernon and Ed Marlowe, passed away last night 8/23/08. I know how much his craft meant to him and the value he attached to being part of this special society.
There will be a memorial service held in Southern California in the upcoming month (September or early October) and I encourage anyone interested to contact me for the details. I'm sure he would like to be remembered by all who knew of him.
Please feel free to contact me, Jennifer Price, via email: jennifereden.price@gmail.com
It is my hope that he will be honored and respected for his skill and devotion to his art. Help spread the word.

With Gratitude & Appreciation,
Jennifer Price

Rest in Peace Barry.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
REST IN PEACE....
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-